Friday, November 01, 2002

Ya know I keep forgetting tonight was Halloween. I remember back in the day, me, my sis, and all of our cousins would just travel in packs hunting candy down. I was usually the bad boy of the group, of course, because I would be the one shooting out jack-o-lanterns, the one going pumpkin smashing, or the one damaging someone's house if they would just leave their lights on but don't answer the door. I remember I used to get so pissed ringing door bells to those who don't answer their door, I guess that's why I always had eggs with me in case of those situations. Oh but I love those people who'd like leave like a whole bucket of candy outside and a sign saying please take one. Gosh, how dumb can people get, like a little kid is really gonna take just one. I would always get mad if others beat me to those houses because then I'm just reading the sign. Man those were the days of a trick or treater.

As the b-ball season begins, I've noticed the past 2 weeks that I've been working out more for b-ball. And I know I always give shoutouts to the peeps that I miss or love playing with in v-ball. This past weekend, I just lit it up against Team Viceroy as they like to call themselves. I loved my team because everyone pretty much complimented my playing style. And one guy whom I love on my team is Mike. I remember when he first came into b-ball, I did not like playing against him. I thought he was a dirty player, especially when he'd always guard me. He'd tell me that he likes playing his best aggressive D against the best players at CBC. That was flattering but to me it always felt like he was trying to injure me. But I think after a few kind words from Randy, Kin, and Rich, he has played a lot cleaner. I'm glad that God has really changed my heart towards him in b-ball. He is a great role player, and he always plays within himself. Like whenever I had probs getting through double teams, I would ask him to set a pick, and without hesitation a pick would be there and bam swoosh for me. I can't get over this one pick he set, where we timed it perfectly and he almost took someone's head off. I can't say enough about Mike, but he is the ultimate role player along with Richard. These 2 guys I love playing with because they know their roles and play within themselves. There are other peeps but eh since I'm getting whooped in fantasy b-ball, I might as well look for the real thing.

Trick or Treat

No comments: