Monday, November 25, 2002

I don't care what y'all say
It's time to rock and roll
This time I'm in control
Right now I own the streets
I got the keys to the city
That's because I get down

Let's start with Saturday, as some people were upset that tempers flared and some shoves were going around in a particular game. I think I had to be the only one excited about that because finally Saturday morning, people started playing with more intensity and emotion. I mean this was my type of game, play hard and smart or get yelled at. Sometimes morning b-ball, it's like people just come and play for the sake of playing. I guess I'm in that mindset with Tuesday night v-ball that I'm playing harder but are the people around me doing so. I remember in high school, a lot of people would say that I take every game so seriously whether it'd just be pickup or a game of 21. My favorite was when people said this about me "Kenny plays every game like it is Game 7 of the NBA Finals". If only everyone has that mindset Saturday morning, then there would be some much better ball playing. Oh and yeah, another thing that I am sick of at Saturday morning, are all the flopping calls that be use to bail them out. It's like every week I'm tired of seeing it and it just makes me lose more and more respect for them as a b-ball player. Everyone won an Oscar or an Emmy from me this past Saturday for their wonderful acting jobs.

Well today I had dim sum with my mommy and Aunt Lisa. I'm glad that I got to spend time to talk to my Aunt Lisa. I remember as a kid she would always babysit me and at the time I didn't know what Korean culture was but she tried to teach me something about her culture. I guess she is another person that I am thankful for because she took so much time back then to babysit me so my parents could go work. I remember always riding in my Uncle Simon's corvette and then going into his game room to shoot pool. I love that house because I had so many memories such as BBQ's in the backyard, or feeding the fish and playing with the turtle. However I'm quite sad to see that house up for sale as they'll be leaving the Heights soon to go up to the Hills as in Rochester. What's cool is one reason for them going to Rochester, is so they could be closer to their church, which is Korean Baptist Church. It's funny how just a few months ago my 3 year old cousin couldn't speak a lick of anything. And now today he was speaking to me in english, chinese, and korean. Man at age 3, he's already trilingual! Also I never realized my cousin Fred goes to the International Academy for school? I guess that's what separates me from the rest of the family is that I'm the only jock in the family now. Oh well, I should be seeing them all this Thursday at my house for turkey and dude my Aunt Lisa's gonna make Kalbee, oh man this could be a Thanksgiving I won't forget.

And tonight, is the conference finals for OU V-ball. As the Titans meet Vertical Challenge, the only team that gave us a blemish, so tonight no goofing around from me and let's just dominate them from the start.

At Last

No comments: