Monday, January 26, 2004

What a disappointment it was to only come in 3rd place this year at the CSC tournament. Yeah I'm trying to stay positive because we did better than last year's unexpected early round knockout. However, it pisses me off when people say well it was fun. I mean what fun was there, fun is not taking 3rd place. Fun is winning first and holding up $200 bones! Bobby and I rode back down together discussing the game. We wanted to get back asap so we can watch our game tapes to see what went wrong in our Final Four game, the conference finals. Again, this lost I feel is a reflection of how I played because of 2 things. First is that I am the PG, which means I run the offense. I felt I did not do a good job at the end quaterbacking the post plays. 2nd thing is though it would be nice if everyone knew their dang role on this team. I mean it's hard to pass it downlow when 3 people are all posting up next to each other. Again it's on me because I should of known better to tell 2 people to get out of the way. I never knew my unselfishness could cost us the game as well. Because someone kept nagging me if they could sub for me. It was 10-10 so I let this person sub for me because they felt as if I needed a break. However, it's like Mama Iverson said about her son at the time which goes for me, "Man the kid is 23 years old, he don't need know rest." 3 possessions later after that sub, yeah I was back in because the game had now been 12-10 and the bench was pissed that this person even subbed for me. Yeah we lost from that point on, why because I sat out and this person can't play defense. Which brings me to my next point, I personally felt that their were some people who were dogging it on defense. I mean this team was smaller than us and some people did not know how to get through a back screen. That just baffles me, and if you tired then sit down. I have no probs telling it to some of my teammates right now that I felt they were dogging it on D.

I wanted the chance to play against Baron Davis's team because that guy was good. Bobby said it best when someone asked us during dinner time if we were afraid of those 2 American dunking teams. "We aint scared of anybody on the court." Seriously though, people need to know their roles and some need to stop hot dogging it out there.

It was nice to spend time with Daddy Moy and the family last night. I'm glad God has blessed me with a godly man with whom I can seek for spiritual wisdom. It just gets tough when it seems like you are out there serving and it looks as if you are serving alone. I just needed to be reminded again that I can't be discouraged by those around me and to keep the hope and faith. Anyhootie, I guess I better get started on my school work now.

Be

No comments: