Thursday, January 29, 2004

Lately, I've been feeling drained and worn out. Physically, since Saturday it's been b-ball tournament, Sunday was 2 soccer games, and Monday & Tuesday were both v-ball game nights. Again physically, it just has taking it's toll on me. The tendonitis in my knees are killing me, my shoulder seems as it weighs a ton, and that blister on my shoulder just split wide open on Tuesday night at Beech Woods. Despite all that though, I had to deal with 5 days of school, and student teaching. In addition, there is 5:14 Fellowship along with worship at CBC. Many of my peeps at OU been wondering how do I hold up and still be on top of the game in class. I've shared with some of them that it's all God, and it helps for me to have that attitude of what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I look at next week's schedule for school and I see that I am studying with Sonya on Monday, studying with Carl on Tuesday, 4 papers due, an Astro project, and 2 exams all for this upcoming week.

At school, I just kind of go on my own happy way. I mean in EED 354 and 420, all the old folks think I am annoying and obnoxous (sp?) while everyone my age believe that I am the funny one but also the leader of the classroom. In Japan, Alisha and Beth joined with Sarah and I now to run it up in class. Astro's been fun because I see Sonya 4 times a week but Alisha and Beth are in there too with me. Then there is Blythe in my Astro class, we studied together last night. I met her mom, and she is by far one of the most funniest parents I've ever met. She shared with me a story about Blythe which had to do with me. She was telling me how Blythe was happy that she made a friend at OU that she liked and was comfortable talking to. I just thank God that I could make an impact on someone's life at school because often times I just goof off in class. What was funny at tonight's class was Blythe could not partner up with Sonya and I. She had to partner up with this other dude across the lecture hall from me. So during lecture and lab, we called and talked to each other on the phone during class. However I did not like the number 1 finger she gave me when I kept looking at her. It's all good though we got much love for each other, however she went to the Poop school! It's funny because she can not remember this one person whom I have probs with at CBC because this person thinks he's all hard and all that. In reality this person is just a joke to me, but then again where's my love for this person. Yes this is something I struggle with everytime I have to see this person. At times, it has come down to me just decking this person because someone needs to humble his punk____! I'm glad Daddy Moy gave me some advice and Blythe just cracks me up when I looked through the Poop School yearbooks.

What else that's been bugging me lately too, is my image or rep at school sometimes. It's frustrating that all the prof's I have this semester know who I am after the first day of class. It's like I always get called on to answer some question that is like trying to figure out how to cure HIV. That is how the prof's here do attendance so this means I will not be skipping any classes this semester. On the bright side though, I did buy my computer yesterday for $1200. I can't wait till that gets to my crib and I can finally connect to the rest of the world.

After 3 weeks of student teaching, I love my kids at Edmonson Elementary School. I love Kayla, because she seems to really care about me and she is so cute, and small for a 4th grader. I love Monica with her little rabbit teeth, but yet she is also the brain in the class. I love both Lauren's because they are so helpful when I am teaching. Thomas reminds me of Frodo with his eyes. Ahhhh so many cutie kids in my classroom that I'm gonna take pics of them next week when I am there for a while since my teacher has jury duty. However, none of those kids beat out Boo Boo, as I took her to school this week she is the cutest 2nd grader out there at Wattles Elementary. Uh oh ED building is closing, Go Pats!

Grace and Peace to my peeps!

No comments: