Monday, April 05, 2004

I had one of the roughest stretches of exams the past 3 days. 3 exams in 3 days, and one of them being if I could be a step closer to my teaching certification. Let's rewind to Saturday morning, when I had to drive out to Cobo to take the exam. I left the house early because of the accident a day prior to it. What is it with truck drivers and going under the bridges? First they take out the 22 Mile road bridge and now the Nevada Road bridge. So I got to the D earlier than anticipated, and wonder what do I do? Can't eat because it would be bad if I had a food coma in the middle of the exam. So I decided to head to MotorCity to roll for an hour before I take my exam. A half hour into it, I was up and only $10 away from pretty much getting a free Melo jersey from Ben. However, I kept going and ended up losing $60 :( Oh well, it was a sign from Him telling me to leave and take my exam.

Lessons learned of why I am never taking an MTTC exam at Cobo:
1) Too long of a delay to take the exam
2) Birds flying in and out of the room
3) Too big of a cold draft, so my booklet would not sit still
4) I could hear the People Mover
5) I had to pay $4.50 for parking
6) I took longer than expected on a 100 question exam, normal time for me 90 minutes, but at Cobo 170 minutes.

On the flip side, today was just a great day of worship. A lot of things that were preached today, was definitly what I needed to hear. Many things happened today which really lifted me up, such as getting hook ups for my car from Cliffy, and the Melo jersey from Ben. However, even people talking to me was great because I could feel the love/care ya know. Anyways, I got that swagger back to try and kick it up a notch once again.

I also noticed, that their is a game of trust being played out there. I have hope that this trust will be kept alive.

Rocket Queen

No comments: