Thursday, April 29, 2004

This Friday will mark my last class at Mott Community College up in Lapeer. My heart for the most part really changed with how I perceived Lapeer peeps. My first day of class there, my goal throughout the semester was, you don't bother me and I won't bother you. It was like give me the syllabus and I'll turn in everything. So I'm sitting in class on my first day in January, and there is this one kid, Steve who just non-stop talks and disrupts the class. Sound familar to myself eh? Well their is a difference when I'm goofing off and Steve is goofing off. When he tries to make a joke, no one laughs but him, I mean even the prof doesn't laugh! Now that's bad and just looking at him on that first day, I thought to myself that this proves my theory about how there is no signs of life in Lapeer.

However, as the semester went on I kept staring at Steve and he would notice. The stare down I gave to him was, yeah you're stupid kid and you need to shut up. Halfway through the semester though, I don't know what happened but I finally came out of my anti-social shell. I let out a jokey joke since what Steve said that day was absolutely retarded and the class was cracking up. Well surprised at first because it was like my first words in class. From that day on, all of a sudden I was nominated as the class leader. Everyone in class was chatting away with me and I felt stupid for having that perception of them.

A couple of weeks ago, I arrived to class 2 hours late because I had a meeting at OU. When I walked in though, the ovation I got from peep's was unexpected and I felt it from the bottom of my heart. I guess, me being gone for those 2 hours was where the class had to put up with Steve's stupidity in search of attention.

What I'll miss about this class is first my great prof. I loved dogging her about her beloved Spartans.

2nd thing is, my crew - M. Dodds, Jodi, Em, Linda, Jeff, Chris, Mara, Misty, and Matt. Yeah the total class size was only 15 since 25 plus dropped as the semester went on.

Finally, the last thing I'll miss about this class is the chance of just slamming Steve every time he opens his mouth for attention. I feel bad for the rest of the MCC students who have to put up with him in class.

Anything Goes

No comments: