Wednesday, April 14, 2004

So I got home at about 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, right in time to catch a nap before going to Jap and take the Astro exam. A lot of people still couldn't believe that my parents and I all went to NYC for not even a day. People called our cellies to see if it was true or not. Some wonder was it worth it to go to NYC for 9 hours only. I mean we stayed there shorter than the drive was. So here is my conclusion:

1) I slept at one point while my dad was driving, he paid toll at the Pa. border. I'm thinking, when did 80 become a turnpike in Pa? Go back to sleep, and 20 min later, since when did we have to pull a ticket for using 80? I finally realized that my parents and aunt were talking too much that my dad took 76 instead. The result, I ended up driving from Pa. all the way to NYC. However I got to drive through different tunnels going inside of mountains on 76, which was really cool. It was a breath taking site to see how God created these things.

2) My dad and I dropped my mom and aunt off in Manhattan to shop, while we hit up Flushing, Queens, and Elmhurst. The result, my dad and I had a very cheap lunch but dang was it good. $4 for some good and large beef chao mai fun with a free Sprite! Also my dad and I have great father/son time because I haven't had those in a while. He shared with me how he wants to take at least 1 trip a month now on his day off. I've been having the same feeling for myself, and we already talked about hitting up NYC in May.

3) I walked around Central Park, NikeTown, and NBA store on my own. I love riding the subway!

4) I come back to meet up with everyone else, and my aunt, dad, and I all agreed on this. Seeing my mom so happy spending and shopping like crazy, we never saw her so happy like this in a while.

5) Eating at this place, East Buffet It may be expensive, but it was more than worth it for quality food. I wish I would of kept eating the Peking Duck, instead of bothering with the variety of sushi though.

6) Yeah, I will be sporting new threads for b-ball too! What can I say, I was a sucker at NikeTown.

So, 9 hours of staying in NYC, some can say yeah that's not enough time to do this or that. But I don't get to spend 9 hours a month with my family outside of the restaurant. So I'm thankful to Him for giving me the energy and time to spend with them. I loved seeing my mom so happy because she's always working her butt off for my sis and I. I loved driving my dad because we both love to drive to anywhere and find new things like no other. I loved spending some time with my aunt because I know she loves me as much as her sons.

One thing that my dad and I agreed on is that Toronto is kind of yesterday's news for us. I mean we kept going all last year, like twice a month but at the very least once a month. Despite the drive, we really like doing the NYC thing and are really considering doing it for at least every other month. One thing about TO is just crossing the border is such a hassle, and we'd rather put up with the extra hours of driving.

Also, we noticed the difference between my dad and I compared to my mom and aunt. They always want to go to the same place over and over such as Chinatown. While my dad and I like to drive all over the place to unlock new areas, which we did when cruising around Long Island. My dad and I still share the same goal, to drive from here on 94 & 90 to Seattle, down on 5 to LA, across on 10 to Jacksonville, and up on 95 to Maine, to finally back home through 401. I guess my gene of travelling and driving came from my daddy.

Anyways, just out of the random, I bought the new Jay-Z cd for "Dirt Off Your Shoulders" so I can rock with that in my head for the All-Star Skills Competition and the Flag Football Tournament this weekend. Yes, U.R.A.P.K. is back and looking to win it this time! Plus, Jay-Z is from NYC too, so this week had a NYC feelin to it ya know?

Edge of Heaven

No comments: