Friday, April 09, 2004

It was an emotional day for me today. I went to Edmonson, to pass out treats to my kids and say good bye for now. Next thing you know, Jackie comes running to me to give me a personal letter from her and Courtney. I love these 2 cuties and I just finally scanned my first pic into my computer, but I do not know how to put this pic up on my site :( Next thing you know, I was showered with cards from the class that they all made for me. I was about to cry because it was unexpected and it meant a lot to me. I totally agree with Mrs. Liu that teaching is the most rewarding job out there.

I decided to read my cards during Astro class tonight, and as I was reading, I just wanted to cry because of what they wrote in there. Each one of their cards touched me and I hope I touched them as well. So here are a few quotes from my 4th Grade class at Edmonson that I read in their cards:

"Thanks for being the Jr. Slim Shady!" ~ Courtney

"You are the bomb digity and you rock!" ~ Jackie

"A + student teacher final grade" ~ Monica, Lauren X 2

"Good luck being a teacher" ~ James

"Thank you for sewing my dove when it fell apart" ~ Jeffery, yeah I know how to sew now baby!

"Thank you for buying me that cookie for me" ~ Jonni, I felt bad when she was getting picked on and she cried. Plus she threw away her untouched lunch so I was worried about her starving.

"I will miss you" ~ Carlee

"I guess it's time for you to go, so sad, so bad" ~ Chelsea

"I hope you are the other 5th grade teacher next year" ~ Brendon

"Why couldn't you give me more high-fives?" ~ Chris

Man, I'm getting a little teary eyed just going through them again. It's funny that on some of the guys cards, they have me ballin, and dunkin. Jacob drew a pic of me, blocking Shaq's shot, if only that were true. Monica drew a pic of me and her where I am in front of her. She drew both of our faces as kind of sad, and she says bye. I miss them a lot already, and I thank God for giving me such a great school to be teaching at this semester. I made them a promise that I will be back before this school year ends. I intend on keeping that promise and I also plan on doing thank you cards to everyone there. I was actually considering stampin my cards, but they'll probably look too ugly if I did them.

Reading their cards, gave me that sense to energy or that push just to work out even harder for them today. They all kept running through my mind as I was working on my free throws, 19 out of 25, which isn't the greatest. But they'll be in my hearts this week as I compete in the OU All Star competitions in the free throw contest, 2-ball, and 3 point shootout. I'll even make a special tattoo some where for them all. Thank You again Lord, for all this, I love my 4th grade class, please look out for them during Spring Break.

Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry

No comments: