Thursday, April 01, 2004

Wow what a reversal from last night to tonight! He really did hear my prayers and last night. First, it started with an encouragin phone from hmmm Monroe ;). Then tonight was the OU conference finals and championship game. As predicted, the finals again was Joey's team vs. us for the 7th time out of 8 finals series. We continue to make the finals for the 8th straight time. After Game 3 of the Finals, you are now looking at the new champs once again at OU representin'. First time ever, the whole crowd was cheering for us as everyone was sick of Joey's team. And the crowd brought some noise with them, which was a good charge for me. We got our new t-shirts, and now I can say I have too many yellow tee's with black print.

After, the on court celebration, it was decided that we had to go to Friday's. So we went to Friday's just about the whole team and the crowd. Mike and Joel were drunk with their Bud Lights, but cheers to that. It was just wild, and I do mean wild! I got so many pics that I wish I knew how to put up, with Lisa suckin her bone, Joel licking his plate, and Mike grabbing random people to sit with us and take pics to show how much love they got for the OU champs.

Finally, though I thought Mike pushed it too much and started grabbing this huge african-american and high fived him. My initial thought was, oh crap we're gonna get beat down now. So I turned around, and my jaw dropped, and my exact words were "Ooooh shit!" because it was Ben Wallace standing right behind me. So Mike, and I went to go get pics with him and chat with him. After that, I was walking back to our table and next thing you know, Corliss walks in! I got a chance to talk to Big Nasty, well the really one that is much move to Dub-L to being his apprentice. I got a nice pic of me and Corliss together. So after that, I turn around to see Rick Mahorn getting his food to go! So he got away, but it didn't matter I talked to him a long time ago when he played with us. Then Lisa and Maegan went to get Ben's autograph on the back of some Friday's thing. Then finally the manager, came and told us all to stay away. Gosh I felt like we were Pistons groupies. Anyhoot, I know when to go to Fridays from now on, anyone want to go?

Thank You Lord, for doing what You continue to do for me.

So Far Away

No comments: