Thursday, April 08, 2004

Turn On The Red Light, this year's slogan for the Red Wings during their Stanley Cup chase. In high school, I remember I was too poor to have enough money for playoff home games. Instead, my sister and I with a bunch of my friends, we would go to JoeVision for $5. Nothing like going to watch a game with hardcore Wingnuts. Hockey playoffs are still the most intense in any sport for playoffs to get to the Stanley Cup. Trust me, playing hockey during my teen years I've had enough bumps and bruises to know this. So does anybody want to go to JoeVision?

I also talked to Terrible Sherill today to find out if I can stay at the same place for student teaching for Spring semester. I despise her because I do not like her at all being our Ed. Coordinator. Many students in the program do not like her. The ones who do, kiss her ass so much so they can get the schools that they want to teach at. So here's the deal, Terrible Sherill has agreed to letting me stay at Edmonson for my Spring teaching. BUT, she has tied a string to it, which is if I choose to stay then there are no gurantees where she will put me for my final student teaching school which is the end of next year. My district that I would like to teach in is of course, Utica. But if I do stay at Edmonson then there is a chance I will not get it, and Terrible Sherrill will send me to Detroit or Pontiac for my year long. In addition, she said I have until tomorrow to let my co-op teacher, and principal to know. I feel bad that I have a put such a tough position on my co-op teacher, that I believe I will have to take my fate elsewhere for Spring and not be able to be with my kids.

Also I did not like how Terrible Sherill even looks at how Detroit, and Pontiac schools. She treats them as negative schools and normally, when you do your year long, she does not place anyone there. However, she said I may get that as my last one if I choose to do Spring at Edmonson. My philosphy is, if you are a good teacher then you can teach anywhere. Just because you are in the D does not make you a bad teacher. I can't stand her, and my philosophy is to try and stay away from her as I can because I know what I am doing. So I will find out my fate tomorrow when I collect my stuff.

Last thing, is my mommy called me today and told they have finally decided on where they want to go this summer for vacation. Not London, Las Vegas, New York, or Taiwan but yes the motherland, Hong Kong. So she has put a ticket on hold for me as I still have not decided. I have a week to pray about this. So many tough decisions to make lately.

Experience Pearls

No comments: