Monday, April 26, 2004

So I am currently putting my Grandpa's 80th B-Day bash on tape now. As I am watching it, I started laughing still because of all my random comments. I never knew that Si and Ro's parents were tight with my grandparents. I also never knew some of the CBC peeps were close to them as well. It was wierd that night because I walked in and my Uncle asks me to be the MC with my cousin Fred too. I let Fred go MC first because he's young and I've always been in the spotlight at these family things. However, people there were like almost booing him because he wasn't loud enough and was getting even more nervous. So he quickly handed me the mike, and my first lines to those haters out there, were "Hey y'all better listen up because I'm rockin the mike now so here this." That got the peeps listening up, but yeah peeps need to back off my cuz. Actually, when I had the mike, I just wanted to bust out some Rock lines but I knew it was my G-Pa's day so I didn't want to ruin it.

It's sad to see too that the Showcase Cinemas in the Heights is officially closed due to better theatres. That was the first theatre where I saw my first movie with my sis and mom, I think it was like Lost and Found or some Disney cartoon. I saw T-2 twice there and the last movie I saw there was The Wedding Planner with Wendy. I remember the time where I purchased a ticket to Up Close and Personal, so I could sneak in with my cuz's crew so I could go see Hellraiser. It was funny because the guy looked at it and did not believe it so I ended up refunding the ticket and went elsewhere to see PinHead. But Showcase was the place where you can see 5 movies in a day for the price of one ticket! It was the place where I took my Tara Lipinski look-a-like girl Natalie to see Grease and she got me into watching musicals. So many memories there, but after saying all this I feel like a sellout too. Cuz I am one of those who went to Palladium or AMC to see a movie, gosh I feel so low. Eastside memories baby!

Don't Tell Me

No comments: