Friday, May 14, 2004

This has been a very draining week for me. It will continue on with next week because of Spring classes. I haven't caught a chance to really relax yet since last Thursday. There was work, MSU moving for my sis, student teaching, and fellowship. So today I took a nice long, non-AC nap in the afternoon. What sucks is, that I am forcing myself to go to student teaching tomorrow morning then go straight to the restaurant afterwards.

It's been draining, because I am trying to finish all my finals and papers already for my Spring class despite that they are not due till June. But anything to get ahead and not procrastinate so I can hit it in cruise control after Memorial Day.

Also, not that I dislike teaching or anything right now. But I miss my kids at Edmonson and I'm stuck in Pontiac Owen Elementary School where a lot of teachers are getting the slip. Also majority of the students are dealing with a lot of domestic probs at home and majority of my kids are on some sort of medication, which is sad. My teacher is cool, because he is a guy and is everything I've always wanted to be in terms of a teacher. He is popular, is respected by the whole school, teaching skills are there, and most important, speaks to kids in slang. I feel really comfortable here because I don't have to be conservative when I talk. I'm just spittin out words the way I'd normally would. I love my twin chicas Martha and Veronica too, I got a lot of Hispanic students in my class.

Also, I apologize to those who have been calling me and if I can't make out voices now. I'm still in the process of figuring out my new cellie although I still love my old one. Best thing about the new cellie is a new plan, where I'm rolling with pretty much unlimited minutes everyday. Do you have Cingular?

War

No comments: