Sunday, May 23, 2004

Wow what cool weather we are having lately. Last nite, I got up at 3:45 a.m. because the thunder kept shaking the house and causing all sorts of car alarms to go off. Man I couldn't sleep anymore, but cool lightning show nonetheless. I see there are blockades around my sub now due to flooding probs. Man, I hope the weather clears up as I go off to NYC tonight.

I was recording my cuz's grad party today. Little did I know that he graduated from IA. I got a chance to meet his friends, and I thought they were all a bunch of fruits. I should of kept that comment to myself though, as I had my fam table of me, Victor, Wendy, and Andrew. As Fred came over to conversate with us, of course Victor and Andrew told him that his friends were fruits. He asked why, and both of them directed it towards me. I felt bad for dogging his friends, but wooooo some of them are just out there. Too many brainiacs for me to handle at one time and didn't understand my lingo.

I treated my cousins to ice cream since Baskin Robin's was around the corner. So it was nice as my baby cuz and I hung out and chatted. My aunt wanted the 2 of us to hang out with the IA crew but we weren't feelin them at that level. However, throughout the party peeps kept asking me about my sis. It was like should I cover her or tell them the truth? I told them the truth to those who asked me. It was hard and I was bummed because you can read their expression on their face. It was the hardest when Fred asked me and I tried explaining it to him. He said he understood, but the sound of his voice was the sound of a heart being broken. I mean those 2 have a unique bond in the fam because they are the Memphis Generation.

So my cuz, Fred is expecting my sis to be at his commencement. I didn't have the heart to tell him that she won't be there for that either because she's going to Myrtle Beach the day before. I gave my sis a lecture about the importance of fam vs. friends in different situations. Sum it all up, cousin Fred is only gonna have one grad party while you have many days to hang out with friends. Fred has always been supportive of her academic success. This is why, it's frustrating living with my sis sometimes because fam is last to her unless there is a reward to her. I just need to woosah this out for myself.

NYC, hopefully I can make it there and back safely. Drop a dime on me to see where I'm at.

No comments: