Monday, May 03, 2004

Let the war begin! Tonight, I went to KUMC to check out their b-ball of what they got going on there. I went with one of my old Squads when we use to be tearin parks up around the Heights. It was a reunion for me because I haven't seen KG and Dan in so long. So I was happy to see the both of them have graduated. I'm excited to hear that KG is moving down to Florida with his girl for their new life.

So when we all rolled out from my cuz's house to head to KUMC, our arrival was disappointing. I was approached individually, by one of the KUMC peeps who runs the ball. He talked to me about how I knew they were ballin and from who. So I gave my story and his reaction was pissed becauseword had got out that they play ball on Sundays. His words after were "Well it's ok that you didn't know so your team can stay tonight and play but just don't come back anymore." When I heard that, my heart sunk and I just did not want to play anymore because I didn't want to play where I am not wanted. I was also discouraged to hear that here I am in God's house and I am not welcomed, not even by a fellow brother in Christ :(

My team asked me what went on in the convo, and I flat out lied to my team bout what we talked about. I did not want my team of non-believers to get the impression that this is how Christians are suppose to act. The first game went underway for us, and mentally I was just not in it. I was too disappointed to be playin but yet not accepted. I told my team to take their game down a level because of this. But I did not expect, getting trash talked to by a couple of their players. It's funny how the sign says no swearin yet these KUMC boyz like to pass on that one.

The Altercation so I'm posting up because I had an old enemy from the past in Ken Cho guard me. As soon as I get the ball, I am just pummeled and he gets pissed at me because he thinks I am using my elbows against him. And if you from CBC, when I post when have I ever used my elbows or that I am a dirty player? So we got in a trash talkin match, and I shoved that prick out of my face then we get separated. The good part was he tried to take me, and I stripped him clean, then took 2 of his boyz on by myself, and busted a Kobe move and silenced the crowd. One of the guys drooped on me in the air and I landed on him and the ground. So I asked if he was alright and gave me an attitude bout how I almost rolled his ankle. I'm thinkin, ok next time I don't need to see if you are ok because you fouled me.

During the down time my team had, not one person approached anyone from my team. I'm thinkin bout how some peeps think CBC is bad at this then well KUMC is in another league. Finally we played our last game, and I chose to sit out to watch and observe. Well, next thing I know I see KG getting sent flying out of bounds. My boy, KG is 6'5 so that shows some strength there. I see the KUMC crowd just throwing elbows at my team. Halfway through some of my boys, were battered so I came back in. On one pass, Dan told me that he saw me get elbowed which I felt in the ribs and that's why my pass was way off. Next time down, I drive straight down and go in the air, but brought back down with the People's Elbow to my right ear. My ear still hurts too, but I didn't let that show there. My team fought back with elbows of their own because it was a war.

After that, I told my team that we're leavin because I felt there was a lot of BS going on. My team wanted to play together next week because it was good to be together again. But one of them made this comment "Well we can't play there because obviously we're not welcomed there." It's sad because I never told anyone the real reason yet they see KUMC's actions. My friends who are whities, felt like it was their fault because they ain't Asian. I feel bad because they felt that way especially from a supposed Christ-Centered Church.

Pissed Mode So where do I go from here, well a lot of prayer needs to be done about this. You can gurantee that last night was not the last time they'll see me. Howie spoke to me tonight, and told me about Monday Nite v-ball over there. So next Monday, we plan on going there but I'm comin to even the score. No one has the right to tell who plays here and who can't in God's house. Then there is the KUMC V-Ball Tournament this summer, where I plan on going taking YCF to a 3rd straight title. This will mark the war over, and get that dirt off my shoulder. I had CBC tatted on my shirt today, but that didn't mean much as a brother to them. But this ain't a CBC vs. KUMC thing, and I'll fight this one alone because their is no need to bring the CBC Pistons here to lay the smackdown on them either.

Maybe this is why 5-1-4's next Bible study is on confrontations. I'm still upset that my friends, whom I called brothers in high school were disrespected this way. Yet I'm excited for the next time that I'll be rollin in the gym of KUMC. Remember, I don't start it but I'll finish it.

Sorry to those who disagree with me on this, but you weren't there. I felt that I swallowed enough of my pride when I kept quiet as their guys kept running their mouth off to my team. It broke my heart to see and experience this, and if you were in my position, I'm sure you'd feel the same way.

Make It Clap

No comments: