Thursday, June 24, 2004

As I continue to watch the NBA Draft, I gotta admit that this is by far the most boring draft I've seen yet. This for sure beats out the Yao draft, 2 years ago. At this point, I am only interested in which Euro player the Pistons draft. The only jerseys worth getting in this draft that I would consider are Shaun Livingston, Ben Gordon, and Sebastian Telfair. I like Dwight Howard because of his faith but his game hasn't impressed yet.

Anyways, this morning I walked into ACA, and I heard a couple of voices saying hi. I looked down and saw Henry! I turned around and there she was Crystal and her mom! I couldn't believe it, to know that they were gonna go with us to today's field trip. I was so excited and even my boss had to ask me at the end of the day just how happy I really was. It days like this, where I could do this job for free because to me it's never bout the money here. Even some of my kids asked me if she was my apprentice and she is just one of many. I'm prayin really hard now that I will get a chance to see the other half of my girls from a couple of years ago, Nancy and Jessie. Although Nancy has moved out of this state, I can still have hope. Crystal and Henry will be with me for at least a month now on field trips, which makes my job easier because I trust Crystal looking after the camp more than some of the counselors. I miss those days when Crystal and I would read our Bibles during the after camp program.

We're also doing this raffle ticket at work where our kids can earn tickets for a special prize. Today, we found out that counselors can recieve tickets too. So as my boss was bout to make the announcement of who that counselor was, all you heard was my name being chanted throughout the room. However, I didn't get it which was ok with me because I probably would of gave my ticket to one of my kids. When the name was announced, all you heard was "why?" It's nice and all but my real prize is seeing if I can be a positive role model for them.

I also learned today that in a few weeks once the Canton Camp starts, I'll be working there starting at 8:00 a.m. However, I'll be there for only an hour til Ashley's mom gets there then I can head back to the D to take care of camp there. Which means I gotta leave my house at bout 6:30 a.m. drive to Canton to open, then back to the D, then back to Canton to lock up which by then is about 6:00 p.m. which means I won't be home til 7:00 p.m. What a challenge that will be, gosh I'm just excited thinking bout this. Being with both camps, and peeps could complain bout this crazy schedule. But hey, ungreatful vs. I'm thankful to be in this position to make an impact on them.

Wow, we drafted Rickey Paulding! I hope he makes the team next year although chances are slim. FYI for all you Pistons bandwagoners, Paulding grew up in Pontiac and was one of the top players in the state of Miiiiiiccchhhhhhigan! I remember reading bout him all the time in the paper, glad to see that he got drafted. Wow Bernard Robinson got drafted too.

My Kids = My Band

No comments: