Monday, June 14, 2004

Dong! Dong! 1 more win baby, the question remains is not whether this Tuesday nite will be the clincher, but how many more bandwagoners the Pistons can carry on.

Speaking of which, this past Saturday's b-ball was a rough one for me. We're called to be a child of light, yet I was like a black hole to that concept. Then again, I was so frustrated at the beginning because our team's offense was what I like to call, the "pick my butt" offense. All we did, was stand outside the 3 pt. line and wait for the ball. I felt like I ran a marathon after each game trying to get open and create offense for others. But as you've seen in the NBA Finals, selfishness gets a team no where. This was the most frustrating thing because everyone was trying to do their own agenda. Although, this is no reason for doing some of the things that I did. I missed playing with those who know and can accept their roles, plus knowing their fundamentals of the game of b-ball helps. As Coach Brown says, let's play the right way.

That was pre-sharing, now comes the stuff of post-sharing. I noticed my patience for some people are starting to wear thin. I had to keep hearing bout from some peeps of how CBC ball is too easy or what not. Now I know that CBC ain't Joe D's Fieldhouse, but I take personal offense to it. CBC ball is where I came to know Him and meet those whom I call bro's. To those who said some garbage, I kicked myself to my higher gear and do what I do best, attack on both ends of the court. I whispered into some peeps' ears trying to see what they got, if CBC ball was that easy. I swatted a shot away and stared that person down, to see if he can back up his talk now. Moral is, if CBC ball is that easy then don't sing it just bring it.

Of course it helped that I got picked up on a new team too. A team where peep's know their roles, and I could finally come off screens, get the ball and either pass or shoot. I gave different hand signals out for different plays and the team responded. Last thing was, that yeah Saturday was very intense, tempers flared, etc. To a degree though, I like that stuff because it shows that players actually care bout winning. It beats just going through the motions of playing the game. The competitiveness of everyone raised up and that got fun. But I did not like some of the flagrant fouling going on out there, that is crossing the line of the game. Anyways, peeps need to watch Tuesday nite's game, whether they need to know more bout bandwagoning jumping or understanding the fundamentals of the game.

1 More Win

No comments: