Sunday, June 20, 2004

I can say that I'm really pissed at a lot of things that are going on, but I'm gonna focus on the blessings. I'll try to woosah my way out of the pissed mode. The past week has been a blessing because of the fact that I was at VBS. This ministry still means a lot to me because it was the first chance where I got to serve God. What a risk that Anna and Daddy Moy took by making me a 1st assistant and an MC. As Mommy Moy said it best, all the kids learned as their memory verse "Whaazzzz Up!"

As I was observing throughout VBS, I was really impressed with the way my kids handled themselves. When some of them got out of hand, I talked to them and bam they back trying to set the example. Or those who were willing to take the initiative to be in groups with new kids who don't go to CBC, and did it without complaining nor hesitation. I was kind of bummed to see who will be leaving my 3rd-4th grade class after this term such as Phillip, Anna, Abby, Joseph, Clare and etc. They have really grown the past year and know the expectations of the classroom. Such as today, a few of them stayed after to help clean up and finish their projects. However, they stayed so late with me that they missed lunch, and not a single complaint from any of them. During prayer time in class, none of them wanted to do one quick prayer, it was like pulling teeth to get one of them to pray. Now a handful have always volunteered to do the closing prayer. I'm really blessed that God has been using me this way to teach His children. I'm gonna miss those who will be leaving my class this summer.

On the bright side, I saw those who I'll be getting into my class. Boy am I excited to continue to teach and serve this ministry. I'm getting my first Moy Boy, Jonathon, then I got my little Jessica, Booboo Christine, SideKick Belicia, Gymnast Wonder Lulu, and Ashley! I think I'll have over 20 kids after this term and I'm ecstatic bout it. Again, praise God for using me in this way to reach out to all of them. I have a lot of those who are in 1st-2nd grade that want to be in my class, while those who have gone through my class, and now 5th-6th want to come back to my class. I'm glad that they can come to me if they think they are having a bad day and want to talk about it. Or just happy they know I'll do my best to be there for them.

Speaking of which, on Friday I had a chance to spend time with my Yu 2 Girls. Well actually now I have another set of Yu 2 Girls, so it would be Yu 4 Girls, but I mean my originals. We had a good talk bout the direction of the YTF ministry, and I'm glad they were willing to share with me. I'm kind of bummed because they don't feel as if the ministry has been concentrated on. So now I'm considering doing something with the YTF peeps because I deal with them on a constant basis. I can only continue to pray if He wants me apart of this ministry. I apologized to a few of them today for not meeting their expectation of me being at the Joshua Picnic too.

Now ACA is only hours away from starting, and I'm thankful for this job and having a godly boss. A lot of people say, Thank God It's Friday so they don't have to work. I say Thank God It's Monday because I love my job! It's funny that a lot of my campers are already asking me what my nickname will be for this year. The past ones have been Slim Shady, and The Great One. This year, I think I'll use The People's Champion after all my campers are my peoples anyways.

Rocket Queen

No comments: