Monday, February 14, 2005

The Butler - Hmmm a lot of verses came to me in my head yesterday, serve one another, serve Him with joy, do not complain, pray continuously, etc...... I'm glad I took the night to woosah before posting this, but I still may get a little fired up as I post this. I may even come off with a bigger plank in my eye too.

Yesterday, I walk into worship hoping to turn down that Sunday School teaching ministry so that I can focus on my own worship. I guess when I say no in a loving way, it does not mean much because not only am I kind of stuck with that ministry, I gained a new ministry to serve on top of that. I'll do my best to leave out names in this one. Yesterday, as I was observing the Sunday School lesson a lot of the kids were asking me if I could be their new teacher. I always like to know why, and they said it is because I make the lessons exciting and fun to learn plus it helps when they say I am a funny guy. Another person was supposedly contacted to help out in this ministry, but it seems like they backed out so it's on me now.

What irks me even more is talking to various people yesterday. I mean you had others bashing others about what they are not doing in the church. You had people kind of bashing other's ministries as well. Is worship not the place where we give back to God and is CBC the house of love? Now this next part, I know I've been guilty many times about it which is the whole attending Sunday School ordeal. Granted it is not by law or anything that we attend but man that gym posse is just growing. A lot of people see it and complain, to some it is like half of those people could be serving in Jr. Church. While other's see it as a new nursey we got in the gym, but it is just getting a lil ridiculous in there. It kind of hurts me to hear others comments about the gym posse, and at the same time it's all hypocritical.

Just when I thought I could rest during lunch, the Mandarin Fellowship leaders came and seeked me. My name was on their list as "someone" suggested that I would be interested in helpin out their ministry. Is my name like Jobseek, and it just floats around or something? I was pulled into yet another meeting, and I kept saying a gentle no about my current situation. However, I guess my words mean nothing so I think from now on I will just hold a sign that reads "Will Serve for Food." They thought that I would "be better fit to witness" in this new ministry. The worst is, stunting my own growth through this all. I keep thinking that He does not give us too much to handle, who knows maybe I can do it. Pssh I see some other things that I am serving in being not as effective. What can I do now, just ask for help and strength because even the Jr. Church schedule is frustrating me.

At least I had a good talk with GP B yesterday, the question remains why do we have so many different ministries that are the same and stretches our manpower? May next week's worship be better for myself.

The Call

No comments: