Monday, February 21, 2005

Mile High City - Thanks P Dogg, I took that advice this morning and said no. I don't know if there is a nicer way or tone to say no? Anyways when I did, the person looked at me like disappointment as if I let this person down. Then the person tells me he/she will not be there for it too, which makes me ask so it is ok for this person not to be there but not ok for me?

The All-Star Weekend was for sure better than last year's in my opinion. I called it that Josh Smith was gonna win it this year. The 3 Point contest has gotten weaker these days, I mean whatever happened to the classics of like Hodges vs. Bird going at it with the average scores of 23. I wanted to go to the Rec Center and practice today because OU is having a Sports and Fitness Day Competition. I will be competiting in the Health Trivia, Sit-Ups, Obstacle course, 15 Min Cycle, Slapshot, Free Throws, 3 Pt. Shootout, and QB Throw.

The Slapshot I am kind of worried about because I am not sure if it is measuring hardest or accuracy. I am more of a wristshot person when I am shooting. I am hoping that it is accuracy because 1 year I was in the Red Wings Skills Competition, and I was in the Accuracy Contest. Out of 12 plates that I had to hit, I was able to connect on 11, if only I had 1 more puck! 3 Pt. Shootout is what I am gearing up for, because I had the jitters last year. I must get a rhythm quicker and score higher than Joe Johnson did.

However, I can not practice today because of my hand. I was carrying a pot of gravy over to the steam table. As I was putting it away, I did not see this pot handle sticking out of the table. So it caused me to knock the gravy all over my hand. My hand is super sensitive right now to whatever it touches, and I got some blistering on the palms of my hand too. Thank goodness for the cold weather because it actually is helping my hand stop having that inside burning sensation.

Blaze of Glory

No comments: