Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Return - I'mmmmm baaaaacckkkkkkk ;) Back in many ways and let's start with today at Magahay. For the first time ever, I felt like I had one of those cubicle jobs because all I did the whole day was sit at the computer and punch in 2 weeks worth of grades. However, the cool part is I decided out of my boredom it was time for recess, heheeheh. One of the many powers of being a teacher, go outside for recess! However, I found myself surrounded by a lot of the 6th grade girls chatting with me. Today, I spent a good portion of my time building a relationship with Jackie. Gosh she reminds me so much of my Jackie back at Edmonson. I even showed her a pic of her to see the physical resemblence. I also spent an hour after school chatting with Kim, the Special Ed teacher. I know a lil bit more on how to help Jackie improve in school and she told me she feels comfortable coming to me for individual help/counseling. Her I.E.P. is coming up next Wednesday so I am highly considering skipping a day at Cranbrook and class to attend.

How else am I back? Finally, off the IL as of Saturday, but I must admit there is some truth to what Dr. Steve recommends, rest. I feel a whole lot better although not 100% yet and I can not sit out any longer. I played in my first OU Co-Ed game tonight, and I let the stats do the talking, 11 pts., couple of rebounds, couple of steals, couple of assists, and a couple of blocks. All in a short amount of time because I wanted to cut short my minutes. I got that swagger back just scoring the first 5 pts. in 3 minutes. What sucked was my conditioning, man was I sucking air a lot. Never realized 2 weeks of nothing could turn into this, so I gotta get my conditioning back. So for 1 whole week, I am not drinking any pop just water, gatorade, and juice. So I'll be hitting the weight room too, to help with this.

Tuesday night, we are to have an OU IM Staff Meeting at 10 p.m.! Dude I just want to head home at that point. V and Kristyn have already told me that as Supervisors they will be chewing some of us out for doing a poor job. They said I am not on that list, well other than not wearing my uniform, but come on now I look better in my b-ball gear :) So it will be a long meeting, and Kristyn and I already noticed G looks pissed tonight and must be preparing for tomorrow's wraith on everyone. Man I wonder if it will be a bad time to ask for a switch in shifts?

Let's Go

No comments: