Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Buu - I've been thinking about this since last night. When is it time to call it an end for the OU V-ball league? 9 straight Finals appearances, 5 championships that have come along with it. When I first started, it was for the thrill of playing and trying to establish myself as one of the best players on campus. Then once that was accomplished, then it was to be sure Joey's team does not win because of their arrogance. Now it has transformed to making sure Mike and Joel do not win it because of their cockiness, and humilating other players. However, I have learned that their team is suspended from this year's playoffs.

So is that a easy cruise for us into the playoffs for our 6th championship? Nope, because this is the first time ever at OU that my team is not the 1st or 2nd seed. We are in the battle of our lives, and playoffs start next week. Stan is right, our team is overall slower than usual. The tough part is that I am suppose to be going to Charlotte to visit my sis, so I would miss the 1st round. Stan is worried bout me leaving the 1st round, so now do I stay then? There is a part of me that I feel I can rest because Mike and Joel cannot win this year. Plus, even if my team does not win, I feel at ease if Jeff's team wins. Jeff is the next stud for this league, he can do it all and he is humble about it. However, I won't be around this league forever so I have decided to take on an understudy to train over the summer. I believe in Tim and I trust him to be able to protect others from the likes of Mike and Joel. I am curious to see who does make it to the Finals this semester. Joe thinks the girls need to step it up, but I think they have done all that they can. Deep down, it is up to Stan and I to push ourselves to a higher level if we are to win again.

Tonight was fun too because I played against the OU Women's V-ball team. However, I wish they kept up with their training too. Overall it was fun, because they ran plays and they play with some spunk. On the otherside, it's funny now seeing Rawle Marshall, Courtney Scott, and Brandon Cassise playin pick-up with us in the Rec because the OU Men's B-ball season is sadly over.

Uub

No comments: