Thursday, March 10, 2005

Ultimate Warrior - Whoop, 3-12 to end this week of v-ball leagues. Ewww what an awful win %, however I am reminded that through our trials we grow stronger. Tonight, was the first time I played in the Dumar's league with Jane and Sam. Dude, this league is all about couples in all sorts of forms. But the thing is, they all play on different teams because they are all so competitive. Last week, I ran my mouth off so I have a target on my back now. Today, I kept it shut because the time for talk has ended. Throughout the night I noticed in the stands that, all eyes were on me as we played the #1 team. Now, I have got everyone's respect and that I can back up my talk. I also told the other team they couldn't stop me, which was true but as Sam said our own team stops us. Which is freaking frustrating, but I was able to smile throughout the night because I silenced the haters. The ref even talked to me about the load I have to carry to keep our team close.

However, it I am to push myself to another level I believe Howard is right. I have to do 2 things in order for me to go higher. First off, is I gotta stop playing in all these popsickle stand leagues whether it is Dumars, Social Club, Troy, B-Woods, etc, and move on to pick-up on the Westside. The 2nd thing is, I gotta start getting contacts to wear during game time. Oi, my eyesight isn't getting any better seeing the ball from far away. I can barely see the fingers Howard holds up so I know what I am hitting. Man it scares the crap out of me just thinking of touching my eyeball.

Finally, I am such an idiot today as I went to student teach with Katie at her school, Ottawa Elementary School. I was making slime, for the kids to play with. The directions said, add 4 cups of water. Katie's measuring cup, marked off 4 cups exactly at the top. However, I had a brain fart, and I accidentally added in 4 literal cups of water! Katie kept making fun of me because now I had 16 cups of water instead of just 4 cups. Oi, was I dumb in front of her class or what?

Been Away

No comments: