Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Detour - Ever since Sunday night, everything has gone wrong for me. First it started small, Sunday night was my fantasy baseball draft. I was so psyched for it, but I totally forgotta bout it because I was too busy watchin Eurotrip. Then came this morning, at Magahay Elementary gosh everything went wrong. Mr. Lamchops asked me to teach Social Studies, which I was all excited about because I spent an hour looking over everything and preparing it. As I was teaching it, he cut short my lesson and I did not get to go through anything I had prepared! I was so upset, but I tried to stay positive.

Then came the afternoon recess, I took them out. I brought them in at 2:22 so I was like 2 minutes late bringing them in. I mean it is hard watchin 60 kids by yourself at recess over the entire schoolyard. Mr. Lamchops started gettin on my case bout the time, and he's frantically passing back the Social Studies tests. I'm like ok, you decide to do that now when you could of done that while I took them out for recess. So I lost another 10 minutes there to teach my 2nd Social Studies lesson of the day. Then all the LC kids come back and all hell breaks loose and Mr. Lamchops is wondering what is going on? So another 5 minutes lost. Then I don't even get a chance to teach the lesson because Lamchops decides to do it himself. I just through my lesson into the garbage at that point. Then Lamchops blames me for passing out tape for the kids to make tape balls. Um ok, like I will do that freaking eh come on man I am a pro at this teachin gig.

Finally, the mother of all blows at Magahay. The principal comes in to talk to me bout my Homework Help sessions after school. She has now decided to go back to her original decision and not allow me to do it. She told me it would be ineffective due to the Spring season and that kids want to play and not stay in school any longer then they have to. I felt like she just stabbed me right in the heart, and I thought this was a place that I was trying to create so that all kids can succeed.

Tipsy - The lowest blow to end my day was at tonight's v-ball game. It was Tim's team vs. Mike and Joel's team. Tim wasn't there due to a funeral, but his teammate Linda was glad I came to watch. Linda was so pissed tonight along with the rest of her team because Mike and Joel purposely messed up so they humiliate them on the court. I mean they purposedly served to the wall, spiked it on the ground, grabbed the ball, etc. Linda and company just wanted to get the games over with. But Mike and Joel kept allowing them to get to 24 before rushing for a comeback to slaughter them. I was upset because Linda's team was not having any fun tonight. This is suppose to be a fun league, but Mike and Joel continue to embarass everyone. I was upset because all I could do was watch. Yeah they have yet to do that against us, and everyone knows that those 2 have yet to win a championship without Stan and myself. There time will come again.

The positives today, not many. However, I developed a close bond with Brianna as I stayed 2 hours after Magahay to help her with homework. Lastly, thanks Chinchie those little words you said mean a lot to me.

No comments: