Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Core - So a lot of things have been eating at me as of late, and it is people. I am starting to notice a lot of superficiality everywhere I spend my time at, CBC, OU, etc. It's kind of funny because Boozer actually updated and mentioned it too. This could be for the first time in a long time that I want this semester at OU to end. I really can't stand a lot of the people in my class, and it is like killing me. I really miss those who are a semester ahead of me like Carl, Sonya, Mandi, Randy, SpongeBob, etc. We had an OU IM Staff meeting on Thursday too, for the Fall semester. Our boss, whom I really can't stand because I just don't like his integrity at work. I mean he reminds me of a lot of other rednecks I've seen in Lapeer, who think they are cool because they drink 24/7. He is right that this is the greatest job on campus because it is something you get paid to do and love doing it. At the same time, I tend to isolate myself from the rest because of all the drinking that takes place.

Then there is CBC, I had a long talk with GP B last night. I say, words are cheap because of no matter what I say it won't change the hater's out there. Even if I did what they want me to do, are they gonna love me then? I'm still the same person. But GP B is right, the haters will always be there, which hurts because hey I thought we in His house ya know. It was not until this morning I was able to stay more focused and pressing on toward the goal. Seeing Chris doing what he told me months back, about getting baptised was truly awesome!

I am really glad that his heart was so focused on doing what He commands us all to do. Abby and Amy kept calling me on Saturday asking if they could watch the baptism service. So, what the heck, I decided to make a field trip out of it. I believe my 5th-6th grade class really got a lot out of today's service. At the same time they showed their support to those getting baptised. It's these moments, that reminds me how much fun I have doing what I love. I am thankful that Irene has given me the ok to take Chris out for lunch. He's my boy ya know.

Baby It's You

No comments: