Thursday, May 12, 2005

BenGay - Is it wrong not to play hard against a team? Tonight, I was so fired up to play against Big Red's team. Then J-Ro told me that they were short their top 2 guns and had to play with 4. I was so bummed that I kept asking my team to let me sit this out. Winning these games did not seem right to me. Of course, my teammates yelled at me and I just told them to not set me and for the most part I just kept rolling my shots to them. We swept them to move on to the Conference Finals, against NorthPointe. J-Ro's team thanked me after the game for "taking it easy on them and not killing it down their throats." Just didn't seem right to me to win these games without Big Red.

An hour later, we played NorthPointe and the winner moves on to the Finals. Here we go again, S.S. 3 and it really wore out on me. I literally did suicides running back from the front row to save a pass, then shoot back up to the front row to make a block. It was different this time, S.S. 3 last week was easier because I played against the same opponent so I know they had to be tired. New opponent, same level and eventually I tired out in Game 3. So NorthPointe won 2-1 to move to the Finals. When we were shaking hands, I told them that I was just drained and they didn't believe me seeing how quick I kept moving from side to side. I take it as my fault for losing because I tired out and I did not pick up their strategy in Game 3. They told me afterwards what they said in their huddle "Well we waited for you to move to the backrow, then we could swing away. When you're in the front, we did our best to take away the line, but man you still had it." My fault for not picking up their plan of going soft when I was up front. It really irritates me that I failed and was not aware of this.

Now, it is done and over and at the beginning of the season everyone thought I was cocky. However, it's not how you start but how you finish and many believe I was the MVP of the league. It was nice to make some new friends too and so I guess I should be expecting some calls since a lot of them have my digits now. I'm really thankful for this experience and the new people I got to meet. So sore from S.S. 3, I wonder if P-Nutz's BenGay really works? Oh well, I'll pass on that stuff, smells good though. I could use one of those Asian nicotine looking patches though.

Shake That

No comments: