Sunday, May 15, 2005

Slurpee - Yes, a rare Saturday update but I thought this was significant to me. I took the day off today for Dre's BBQ Party. However, during class my heart did not really want to go anymore just because I can only imagine everyone be drinking and stuff. I went to my G-parents to visit and spend some more time with them. I was happy to see my cousin Victor there, although he was quite bored. Understandable, I mean I remember at his age I felt the same way, but he was there. The other knuckleheads that are my cousins have yet to visit giving lame excuses. Anyways, I kept thinkin what I was going to do with the rest of my day off?

As the day went on, I realized I was hungry. Hungry for food! I kept lookin at the date 5-14, kind of ironic. I needed to be spiritually fed, after all I haven't been gettin it at CBC with teaching Sunday School and leading Jr. Church. So I went to OCC because I had somethings to take care. I joined up with Dave, Lindsay, and Joey there. Little did I know that it was a special service that night, and I was excited to see so many peeps get baptised there. Just sitting, watching, listening, singing, and worshipping with others, wow that's an experience I haven't had in a while.

Afterwards, of course being some what new to most, I only talked to certain peeps that I remember. However, PTL for blessin a guy like Bo and we had a great time of fellowship and getting to know each other. Then, I met another sista, Niu and we had lots of fun together. We had our own Slam Dunk contest in the sanctasium :) I hung out with a lot of the Youth over here, and just like the best part is it's not like D-Ship/YTF type of thing. We're all created in our own unique way. But ya know we all went out to 7-11 at midnight to chill, and talked bout going to the movies. Just no Parental Care (PC) was the major part, we had some sport playa's in here too, so great time of interaction. I even got a chance to give some v-ball tips to the girls who were workin on their game, played some ball with the guys, and just kicked back. This was truly a night that I needed to recharge my batteries and I say Thank You.

The Franchise

No comments: