Monday, March 18, 2002

I feel so alive
And I think I can fly

Ok so this past week has been a very humbling experience for me in v-ball and b-ball. First was the rematch with Andi's team on Thursday night. We took the first game but they followed up by taking 3 in a row. So the season series ends in a spilt 4-4. It will be interesting in how they seed us for playoffs now. Of course the matchup of Joey vs. me. Joey being the crowd favorite because as Jane thinks that he is a flamer, but he brings the crowd to watch him. So of course I'm portrayed as the villain in this matchup. What's worse is that they beat us because they are better defensively than my team. And Jane kept yelling at Stan for his lack of defense. She was right but I just wish you could of worded her words better. Then again as team captain I blame the lost on myself because I should of done more when the rest of the team was struggling.

Then came Saturday's b-ball tournament at MSU. First game I didn't even want to play because the team was crappy. And I rather conserve my energy for the more important games. But I played the last 5 minutes of that first game because I wanted to stay warm for when I actually do start in the big games. We set the tournament record in points for that first game with 82. Doubling the other team's score even though our goal was 100. The 2nd game was against the team that beat JC's team. Again they are just bigger so I chose to sit out of this one too because they weren't that great. After 3 minutes, boom they were ahead and JW and Bob's told me to get in because this team is for real. I played the rest of the game and hit a 3 pointer with 2 minutes left to give us a 1 point lead. But they came right back and drilled a 3 to take the lead. And in the end, we lost by 2 points. I was upset and again will take the blame for this lost. Because if I started instead of under-estimating my opponent then we would of won that game. What was worst was after the game when Sam had to wrap me up in ice around my ribs because I took a hard elbow in that area. I had problems breathing yesterday at church. And my neck, and shoulder are hurting as well from the fall I took when umm this big white guy just blinded sided body checked me into the ground.

I'm glad that I had enough energy to summon yesterday to stay for the entire New Heart Music Ministries. It has given me a new love and perspective towards music. And I still can't get over that P.O.D. is a Christian group.

Heart of Worship

No comments: