Friday, July 26, 2002

It's amazing how last week I was watching an episode on Boy Meets World and it talked about racism. Why? Because today at work, Elaine tried to talk to the kids about racism and culture. She asked all the kids if any of them tried making friends the day before when we were planting flowers with another youth group in Detroit. And one of the kids responded by saying no, and we asked why not? The kid replies back "I hate black people" and he is only going into kindergarten. I was shocked and upset that a kid his age would say such a thing. Like did he understand how powerful those words are? Did he know any better or did he get it from his parents? Worst of all, my boy Ayinday was sitting next to me, and although he said he was cool, I think in the inside he was hurt because I know he loves these kids a lot too. James 3 talks all about the destruction of the tongue, so small but yet so powerful.

And what a rush after work, drive to Ann Arbor to drop Elaine off, then head back to soccer practice, then to have a CBC meeting which went as long as to 3:00 a.m.! Boy what a long week this was indeed. I'm glad that I got the chance though to get to know Elaine better, and it was nice of her to treat me to dinner. Although I hate it when a girl pays for me, call it my sexist pride or whatev's. And I finally saw my pic's at Bubble Island, and I saw the G force and Jimmy's too. Then off to soccer practice and we finally got our jerseys! However on my jersey, it was suppose to be 21 but they messed it up and made it a 12. And someone else already has 12, so they made my jersey into 112. Geee how many players have 3 digits on the back of their jersey! Everyone was saying that I could mean that I am a special player, but I look at it as that I am a retarded player that can't even pick a jersey number right. However, God does provide, and there were a couple of extras left, a number 20 and 6. So I picked # 6 because Erick picked it but I don't think he'll be playing since he is leaving this week. So in respect to him, I'll wear his number so in some sort of way he is still with us on the field. I'm gonna miss him.

And I can't wait till work next week at ACA. My supervisor will be gone for the week on vacation so I am left in charge. Mwahahaha, is she crazy for giving me this power? Well like Uncle Ben said in Spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility. So now I got a week's worth of lessons to prepare for the kids, in order for me to enjoy my power :) As Cartman would say "Respect my authoritaaaaay"

Time 2 Go 2 The Xtreme & Live For The Moment

No comments: