Sunday, July 28, 2002

It's like I'm paranoid lookin over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

What a day, first going to KUMC for their v-ball tournament. It was nice to play in a tournament that was like only a 10 minute drive for me. I first heard about this tournament 2 years ago, when KUMC saw Phil and I play, and they wanted us to play for their team. They told us to meet them on Thursday night at there place to practice with them. What happens, is that they left us hanging, hence my seeking revenge on them for that. Ooooh yeah I remember that day like it was yesterday. And last year Joyce played in it and was able to come into second place. So today, thanks to my great teammates, I was able to put everything to bed. What sucked was that they kept wanting us to play KPC in the finals and always fixed the tournament for that to happen. I mean yeah it should be the final, but it is not fair for the other teams. Another thing was that due to the lack of competition, I didn't have to go into my S.S. 2 mode and barely had to go only to S.S. Which sucks because I always just stand there and sometimes have my mental lapses because I get bored. And the trash talking wars have already begun for the Korean Independence Day tournament. Don't these people know, this only gets me going to lay the smackdown on them even more.

Woof Woof Woof

And after the tournament, I went to the CBC Family Fun Day to see if I can catch the OCC kids in time. Of course I just missed them and it was true that I did know one of the kids. Lindsay, told me that a kid named Zhao was looking for me. I totally praise God for this because he was one of my favorite kids from last year's camp. Zhao, Andrew, and Jason were known as the 3 bad boys of our camp to all the counselors, but they would always listen to what I had to say to them. Again, praise God that he goes to the OCC Youth Group, so I skipped the rest of the CBC Family Fun Day with Lindsay to go to OCC. It was my first time ever going to the Youth Group, and it was a true blessing for me. Not only did I see Zhao, I made a couple of new friends. And it was cool that my boy Jimmy was there so I had another person to talk to as well. First off Zhao is still the same kid and I'm glad that he remembers that I am still Slim Shady, but he still listens to me and I hope we can keep in contact through email. Dave and Joey let me work with a small group of high schoolers for there class and it was a lot of fun. A kid named Andy is only 15 and yet he has his own cell phone and palm pilot! But the person that I came really close too is a girl named Kylene (16). She shared with me her faith or lack of right now, as she is seeking what is right for her. She told me that she's been a mormon for quite some time now and has decided to stop and head into a new direction. I'm glad that we hit it off right away because I went to go play some football with Zhao and the other kids, she sat on the bleachers and wanted to hold my keys and shades. After that, we were able to talk between us, and I continued to try to get to know her better to see where she is coming from.

My plan now is to go back to their youth group next week. I know we have the English Praise Nite and maybe I'll stick around for it just for a little then head back to OCC. And I got the ACA picnic to take care of in the afternoon, so next Saturday should be a long day. But I look forward to going back to OCC's Youth Group and getting to know some of the kids better. For those of you reading this, please do this for me:

Please pray for Kylene, to come back to the Youth Group next Saturday. It was only her 2nd time being there so I hope to get a chance to talk to her. And just pray for her journey on knowing God more. And pray for that one day she will accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

You are my all in all

No comments: