Sunday, July 07, 2002

Last night as dead tired as I was......sitting in my hotel room, I had some time to reflect upon the past couple of days. And of course, God's power is so awesome that the message I heard today really helped complete my train of thought. The message was about Who will deliver us from Judges 2:6-18. My last few minutes here are counting down as we speak. Yeah I'm kind of bummed about leaving because it just seemed like I got here not to long ago. And I kept staring at this picture of a mermaid that a student of mine, Crystal drew for me. I kept thinking about this is what I'll be going back home to. Work, practice, and driving day in and day out, is that what I really want? The past few days have been like a fantasy to me just chilling like a villain, relaxing, enjoying the sights and sounds, and eating good food! Well the message this morning hit home to me, and it's not about what I want, which is yeah kind of stay out here a little more. It's about what God wants from me and the message was about who will reach out to the next generation of kids who do not know who God is or what He has done. So I keep thinking about all the kids that I teach and all the kids at CBC, and I really miss them. I love them all so much that it's getting me a little teary eyed right now. Do I want to stay out here for a little bit and ride subways and trains? Yeah I do, but it's selfish of me to think that way. I love the kids too much to leave them hanging. So I guess I'm gonna take off now, see y'all reading this back on the flipside.

I'm coming home
Recharged physically, mentally, and spiritually
And it's time to get down and dirty
Why?
Because I live for the moment

No comments: