Saturday, July 13, 2002

This is probably my most emotional blog ever, ok so I said the day before that yesterday was gonna be an emotional day for me at ACA. Never did I imagine how emotional I got as the first half of camp just ended. Throughout the day, Sophia kept crying because it was her last day and her family is moving to Windsor this Saturday. Let me tell you something about Sophia, she is still one of my fav's even from last year. Because she was my first pokemon of the camp last year, I named her Pikachu respectively. She is my little buddy too, and she always tells everyone about how much I make her happy and that I'm her best friend. She wrote me a letter to the best of her ability and I will keep it with me forever. As her dad came to pick her up, she was crying so loud and so I decided to walk her to their car. As I put her in the back seat, my eyes started to water but I kept my tears in because I knew between the two of us I had to be the stronger one. Then I got one last wave from her as her dad drove off then I just sat at the corner of the street, and finally let my tears just all come out. Crystal came out to see if I was ok and she tried to comfort me by giving me a big hug. But I told her to just go back in and just let me be alone. I walked back in after my tears were gone, and yeah Elaine and my supervisors were giving me a hard time about my crying. But it's different for them, because I built a strong bond with Sophia from last year. I wish her the best of luck as her family crosses the border. She is my little buddy and will always be my little buddy. I pray that God will guide us to crossing paths in the future.

The whole crying incident reminded me of that episode of Full House, when Uncle Jessie told Michelle that he and Becky were moving out. Uncle J cried after he walked out of Michelle's room. Anyways, so as I was just talking to Crystal, her mom comes to pick her up. And my mood suddenly changed, because her mom talked to me about maybe babysitting Crystal and Henry in the near future. She also gave me there info to keep in touch just like Sophia did. Her mom told me to come over whenever I feel like it. Crystal invited me to see her and Wei at ice skating practice, so I think I will do that after work this Monday. After she left, my supervisor wanted me to go to a group dinner with her and a bunch of other clubs of Detroit. As I drove to the dinner thing, I drove right by Nancy riding her bike on Forest, and dang it for that one way street. So of course I was late for the dinner thing, because I tried so hard driving all around WSU looking for Nancy. Then I was upset again because I couldn't find her and I just sat at dinner bummed and left out because these people seemed pretty high up on the club heiarchy, while me is still at the bottom.

So after dinner, I was still kind of bummed and I couldn't see myself going to soccer practice. So I called, Jamie and Jessie's mom (other fav's of mine from this past session) to let me know that Jamie left his pencil pouch at ACA and that I can drop it off sometime next week. Her mom was ok with it, but I could hear Jessie's voice in the background saying "tell him to come now" repeatedly. So her mom told me to come over because Jessie really misses me already. I never realized that I made such an impact to Jessie to saying that because she was always so shy during camp. When I got to her house, as usual she was shy, and her mom was telling me before I came that she kept telling her "I miss Kenny". Their parents invited me in and the longer I stayed, Jessie told me that she misses me 100%, and I told her the same because she is my little brain. One thing about Jamie and Jessie is that, Jamie is unbelievably smart for his age. However his little sister Jessie, is the type of kid you see and say awww how cute, but she can cause chaos and get away with it. I can't believe her parents talked to me till almost midnight, and they let me say good night to the kids. I was also excited to hear that their parents would call me if they ever needed someone to look after Jamie and Jessie.

I'm still kind of choked up because of the fact that I might not see some of them ever again. And right now it's been hard for me to focus on anything but the kids, well God first then the kids. I'm not even sure if I can keep focus for b-ball tomorrow. When I first started this job I looked at all the rewards from meeting these kids. Now I see the painful side of this job. Again, I love these kids and I miss them already, and I doubt the next session will be the same as this past one.

Lord may You look after all of us and continue to protect us. Please lift up my little pal, Sophia, so young but yet going through adult like feelings already. Will I see them again? Only You know and I hope that I get that chance.

Amazing Grace

No comments: