Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Ok, so today is the 1 year anniversary of 9-11 and yesterday Kin and I were thinking it's weird how we can remember everything that we did on this exact day. He remembered getting off of work early and wanting to go to the golfing range. I remember driving to school and actually listening to the radio at 8:50 a.m. a little after the first attack, and all I could say was wow. Then by the time I got to class, the rest of the day was cancelled due to these attacks. I remembered going home and just sitting with my face glued to the tv. I was worried about my friends and family in the afternoon, and talking to some of them about this. I was kind of hurt that day that because some of them thought I was too dramatic about it because what if those attacks happened to them at work or at school. And some of them felt it was no big deal type of thing. However I remembered in the evening that I had to put away these distractions because it was a Tuesday night and it was time for v-ball. My question was, could I see myself playing if I lost a loved one in the attacks, and be like the pro's and ask for some time off, or would I try to play through it.

And I can still picture just a couple of months ago when I went to what use to be the WTC in NYC. Joyce and I were walking around Wall Street chit chatting and once we crossed that street to the site of the WTC, it was just pure silence. As everyone just stood and looked at the damage, people couldn't imagine seeing such a thing. I remember I was looking around and seeing some of the other buildings being held up by cable lines in case they would fall. It's amazing how 1 year ago this all happened yet I still remember as it was yesterday. I think I'm just gonna spend today watching all the 9-11 specials and listening to people's testimonies for those who survived it.

United We Stand

No comments: