Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Finally The Rattlesnake has come back home! Ok so this weekend was what I've been blogging about for the past few months. Boy was it a memorable experience for me. I had some trying times that were difficult such as missing dinner with everyone on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. Friday I was looking forward to eating dinner with everyone after the captain's meeting but the meeting took way longer than anticipated so by the time it was done, it turned out that everyone finished eating dinner. I was stuck with ordering carry out, however it was a great time to bond and eat a late nite dinner with Alex, and Denis. Then Saturday night, while I was waiting for food, I decided to go get Bubble Tea, but man it was hard to carry 6 bubble teas by myself and I had to wait in line for an hour. So again I missed dinner by the time I got back. And then last night, I was looking forward to eating with everyone at The CheeseCake Factory. However the wait was about 50-70 minutes, so I decided to take the train back to Chinatown while everyone waited to be seated. I wanted to hit up the bakery stores for people before they closed. So by the time I finished buying bakery, I was about to get back on the train to go back to the The CheeseCake Factory, however Ting calls and tells me that she left her stuff in CCUC. So I went to CCUC to go pick it up however, the church was closed. So I had to call my connections and wait for another hour by the time I could get back in and grab her stuff. I hopped back on the train, and ran as fast as I could back to the Cheesecake Factory, but to my dissaticfaction, everyone finished eating without me again. I'm thankful Joyce ordered me a steak so I could eat it on the car ride back home.

It might seem such a bad experience but it's one of those things that makes me remember this Chicago experience. And it was a memorable one, such as just buiding such a strong friendship with Jason. I wish he was here more often just because I think we would be really cool brothers. It was a fun ride to Chicago this year with Joyce, Lindsay, and Cassie because Lindsay just kept spilling her drinks in the car. Yup, and she spilled some of my bubble tea on me as I was driving, another funny moment. Riding back with Joyce, Cassie, and Larry was just as fun because we had some great talks going in the car. I didn't get back till 4 this morning!

So how did Team Bring it do? We took first making us back-to-back champs, undefeated the past 2 years, losing only 2 games the past 3 years now, and being in the finals the last 3 times. Can you say dynasty? However all good things come to an end right? I had a feeling that this year the competition was weak and I was right. Joyce, Lindsay and I were talking about ending our run next year and going our own ways. They were talking about making an all girls team, which would be so cool and I am 100% behind them on that. My plan, is that I'll probably go A b-ball or v-ball next year. And if I was to go A v-ball it would be Men's because I don't think there's anything left for some of us to prove now that majority of us who won this year are champs.

I've been watching my video for a little bit today and it already made me laugh, and cry at all the things that lead up to this past weekend. I mean this past weekend went by faster than all the previous ones. CCUC service was just another inspirational moment. I just find it so amazing that God always answers my prayer when I'm struggling with something towards the CCUC time, and He answers it through the message. I mean the past few weeks I kept talking about changes, and Sunday's message was about transitions. The worship was just unbelievable and throughout this whole weekend, you can feel it was just all God. I miss my teammates already and the whole Chicago experience.

One last shout out to my teammates of 2002 Team Bring It before I go to bed and end my summer to start school at 8 a.m.

God may You continue to look after such great teammates you've blessed me with, and such great people all with great gifts. Juice (Joyce), our co-captain who pumped the team up, Linz (Lindsay) who gave funny comments throughout the games, Lu (David) who'se wisdom of the game was much appreciated, Mousey (Tim) his team first attitude was and hi-fives to everyone just lifted the team up, and JBK (Jason) what more can I say but just a great bro in Christ, and a great teammate. Again Lord thank you for putting this team together.

2002 CCUC Tournament Winners: Team Bring It

A Walk To Remember

No comments: