Thursday, September 26, 2002

Well what a night it was last night. First off I was excited that finally a whole team from another church, CGC, that is, has come to invade CBC on Tuesday nights for v-ball. They weren't too bad, it was really cool playing against them because they were running plays in Taiwanese. It took a while for my team to win and I felt bad that I was a bad witness to those on my team because majority of them were non-Christians. After v-ball, Phil, JW, Vickie, and I odered Vietnamese yet again, and brought it back to my place so we could hang out. We watched Blade 2, much better than Blade 1 I must say, and after that Phil, JW, and I continued our season in Madden 2K3. I stayed up till 7 this morning playing because my team is the worst out of the 3 of us.

So I woke up this afternoon at 1:30, and did my grocery shopping again. All I did today was nap and watch DBZ because I've been so drained physically with all my bumps and bruises. But I did have some time of reflection, and I just sat on the couch just wondering where God's been leading me lately. I'm really thankful that some of these guys and gal, are home because we can hang out like we always did during the summer. However it's been just hanging out, and not fellowship, and it's been a time in work with this new small group possibly being planted at CBC. However, I don't know if I'm ready to just jump back in the leadership role at CBC. I believe that's why I haven't been at CBC on Sundays to worship for the past month now. During the summer, I was serving in every single ministry that there possibly was, and it was just so draining, in essense my personal time with God dwindled. Like I'm glad so many people can count on me to serve or help out, but towards the end it started getting to that point where I would be serving, but it would be serving just for the sake of it, pretty much serving for people and not doing it purely for God. I have this issue with saying no to people because I like to think I can handle everything on my own, you can say it is a pride thing because I always want to push my limit to see if I can go beyond it. And that's when I decided that I needed to take a step back and examine my walk with God. It's been great to just worship these past few weeks at other churches, and meeting new brothers and sisters. And I thought I this past Monday I was ready to go back to CBC, however Viv called me today asking if I wanted to go to Knox with her. And I kind of do, because I love the people at Knox, and just how the worship is setup.

Plus I want to hang out with Viv before she leaves for the Windy City. And I'm glad that God has provided both Gerald and her with jobs. I'm just a little sad that it wasn't here but nonetheless I'm very happy for the both of them. Gerald has already left, and I'm glad that I have a great friendship with him. He is probably one of the most caring, and sincere guys that I know. It's hard to find a traits like those in a guy these days. With the G Force gone, and Viv gone soon, who else am I gonna talk about our anacondas with? Well there is always Ting, ha but that would only annoy her, and it won't be long till she leaves for college. Well it's a little past 3 a.m. now and I guess I should take another nap so I can be some what awake during class in the morning.

Mind Machine

No comments: