Thursday, April 17, 2003

Man has today been a unprouctive day of the fruit. Let's see since last night's wonderful Bible Study lead by Andy, I have been sleeping for the last 12 hours out of the past 17 hours. The only time that I was awake for in that 5 hour time span was because Kelly called me because I overslept for class again. So I ate a little bit, had a food coma, then went back to bed only to realize that dang it I need to produce some sort of fruit today. So I decided to go to school and attend a class that I don't even take. However, I did finish 2 sections of homework, go me! Well I like to think that the whole time I have spent sleeping is because God wanted to restore me physically, as I have been drained lately after pulling the all nighters and then only averaging a couple of hours a sleep each night. However, I must not get complacent with my new found energy, so I need to go to the Rec Center tonight and use it to good use.

So lately I've been reflecting a lot, especially about who I am. I just bought the new Linkin Park cd, and now that I just found it, mine is a gonna be a limited edition because they are recalling all of them back. Ya know I love Linkin Park, I believe that they are one of my all time favorite groups because a lot of their songs make me reflect about my life, also a lot of their songs get me pumped to play, and a lot of their songs on their cd's are really good. Their cd's are not like 1 hit wonders. Anyways, I do a lot of my best reflection time when I am driving on my own, actually reflecting during class is up there too. Going back to reflecting while driving, their's just nothing better than driving with you and God and the open freeway. To top that, driving at 100 mph plus, blasting away to Linkin Park just got me really thinking about last night's Bible Study.

We were studying about the Parable of the Talents. I took a look around to see all these people that God has provided for this fellowship and it got me realizing to this.I realized that I need to challenge myself harder in studying God's Word if I am called to be one of the leaders of the 5:14. I just want to praise God for the numbers tonight, but may He also give us the wisdom to help or challenge the group to grow not only in numbers in spiritual growth.

Also with the study of our spiritual gifts, I was thinking that yeah I have a good idea of what my gifts are, well I hope I do. But I need to focus on my weaknesses to try to make them my strengths as well. So what is it that I am thinking about? Well I think a weakness of mine is expectations, like in all my ED courses, teachers are called to have high expectations of their class. But then I think about like the dating principle, I believe I'm better off single because I expect too much in a relationship. Then if I am playing in a league or something, as a team don't you set a goal? So what's the difference between setting expectations and setting a goal, I ask? Gosh and my peeps that I know who are getting engaged within this past week has jumped to 5. Did I miss out on some sort of engagement convention or something? And thinking back about what C said to me earlier, I think you're right about females going through this time. So with that don't worry to all my freaks out there, y'all find you're special someone out there soon enough.

Somewhere I Belong

No comments: