Tuesday, April 22, 2003

So I wanna say thank you
Cause it
Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Makes me learn a little bit faster
Makes my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

So what has been on my mind while I continue on my path to recovery. Well today I felt really cool as I had to get an MRI, my very first one! I was excited because of the fact that like NBA players have to go through this. But once I was laying down on that bed, it took a whole 25 minutes for them to scan my knee. I thought this was like a 1 second thing. Let me tell you that laying still for that amount of time is very hard. Now comes the scary part, depending on what the MRI reads, as Dr. Stroud said to me "If the MRI says it is good, then you will just need to get some physical therapy, however if it does say something else then we will need to discuss other options". Hmmm other options, hint hint means surgery.

So whether I get surgery or not, hopefully not two things keep flashing in my head. I keep thinking about the Kobe Bryant Sprite commercial, how he is working his butt off so that he can only play that much harder in the game. The other thing is Christina Aguilera's song Figher, the NBA Playoff song to this year's playoff. So I bought the cd today :) Praise God though that I did meet my goal since my injury, of being in playable shape by Tuesday night v-ball. The past 48 hours, I've continued to test and push myself to see how far I can go each hour without pain. So yesterday, I lost the brace, and today I decided to get rid of the crutches. So hopefully at the rate I am going at, God will say no surgery :) Again my ultimate goal is full recovery within 3 weeks, that is if no surgery is required. If it happens then, anything goes.

On the bright side though, I found out yesterday I won 3rd place at this Scrapbook Store next to my house. Gosh I've never won in a raffle before. Then again, does this hurt my image as a male, especially to Brother Steve, and Rich?

Dirrty

No comments: