Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I slipped away
Closer to me
The only thing that is real
I'm falling behind
But now I can see
Your absence helps me heal
I push you away
I keep you from me
Is this what it takes
To keep me alive

Last night as I was working out or rehabing as you could say, I forgot about something else. I just wanted to say thank you to all y'all for praying for me and checking up on me. Without your support, I don't think I would be where I am today. Thanks for your concern as some of you are worried about me pushing on it already with the workouts. But tear or no tear, I gotta get ready for the tournament. Plus as Kobe says, "Why do I work myself so hard? So I can play that much harder."

I've been wanting to talk about this for a while now too, but what is the deal with SARS? I kept thinking about this tournament since we've got a whole herd of chinese peeps, and wouldn't it be wierd if someone has SARS at the tournament and they infected the whole place. What I do find stupid, is how some people are not going to worship anymore at CBC because they fear someone at CBC has SARS. What I find funny, is how the same people who skip worship still attend the sports outreaches. I mean what is the difference? So here's my deduction in all this: Fear SARS? No, Fear God? Yes! All I can think about is my family back in the motherland, and in Toronto. I've been even pondering the thought of going to Toronto soon too, just to see my family and friends, plus to see how bad it has really gotten out there.

Falling Apart

No comments: