Wednesday, December 01, 2004

4-Getta Bout It - My sleep schedule is all reversed now as I only attend the mandatory classes. I also took some time off at Iroquois to spend some more time at Beaumont. Come to think of it, you cannot even call it sleep as I just take short naps in the afternoon. Come night time, I do my work and I make my periodic stops to Beaumont. This morning, I went in and I was kind of upset at the nurse. Although in the Critical Care room, visiting hours are 12-8 p.m. I came in at 10:30. The nurse asked me to go to the patient's waiting room. I was upset because it is like ok, if your relative almost died would you be waiting in the "waiting room?" I mean she has no roommate, not too much of an English vocab, and just lies in bed everyday.

I went back to Beaumont after my championship game at OU, which was about 10:30 p.m. I was happy to find out at first that my G-Ma got moved into the Telemetry Unit, whatever that means. But it sounds better than Critical Care, however I walk in and yet I was still bummed because she still has more wires running through the course of her body. Of course, the nurse asked me to leave and as usual I have probs with authority. So I stayed to chat with my G-Ma until 11. It brought back so many memories of when they used to own Evergreen, and my G-Ma would go take a nap. I would be in the room playing or laying on the bed next to her taking a nap. Man that was like so long ago..............

The tough part again was playing v-ball knowing that a loved one is ill. The bleachers were packed with people holding signs, thunderstix, stomping, screaming and clapping away to see 4-Getta Bout It vs. BSF. The first game set the tone, as it was close the whole way and the final score 9-8 BSF. So many sideouts, caused the time to expire. 2nd game again was intense, but I kept telling the team to relax because even on my sore ankle, it was time to take over. 2nd game score 13-12 4-Getta Bout It. Which leads to the 3rd and deciding game, and Kristyn asked if we have to win by 2 in the huddle. I said "who cares, we're gonna get 15 this game, don't worry about anything else." Final score, 15-5, 4-Getta Bout It are now again back to back champs, 9 straight Finals, and 5th Championship.

After the game, peeps came up to me and asked about our performance. Some asked about my pancakes, while some asked about my faith. Joe thought we would lose after losing the first, but I never doubted us losing the series. I was thrilled to just smoke them in that last game to show that they are not equal to us. I felt as if justice was served for those who betrayed the original team Erin, Joel, Alisa, and Mike. Tonight's win was a team effort all the way around, as Mike's team made it clear they wanted Ashley and Kristyn to beat them by taking me out of passing. However, Ashley came through with some timely kills on the weakside, Kristyn's great passing allowed Stan to kill or set me, while Stan and I just dominated the service points. Already we are looking forward to next season because we made major upgrades already. As Sara and Katie will be joining us since they are no longer elgible for the OU Women's team.

Ron Artest? - I stayed to watch Kristyn play in the women's Finals too. Although winning her 2nd championship in tonight, an incident broke out after the final game. The 6 Booty Mama's who lost kept cussing out on the line judges. Especially this 1 big mama, who got up in his face to keep cussing him out. Finally Darnell, line judge started cussing back and was bout to charge at them. I jumped out of the bleachers, to help V, Kerri, and Mandy hold him back while Gary kept trying to send back into the office. Gosh it frustrates me that as a staff member, Darnell had to take it for the most part. However, again going back to Beaumont helps put things in perspective for me and I can only continue to pray that those wires be pulled out of my G-Ma soon.

On Fire

No comments: