Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Nerves of Steel - Today was all about pressure to perform, and execute. For the most part, I am not the type of person to stress out about anything. Peeps say that I am cool, and calm about a lot of things which I believe is how I've trained myself to be mentally strong. This morning I took my last final of '04 and I needed at least a 51 or better out of 60 to get my 3.0 in the class. Now I don't have my final grade yet, but I am confident that I scored 52 or better because I was pretty confident about my answers. I stayed up all night trying to prepare myself to get that 3.0

I rewarded myself coming home with a 4 hour power nap then off to v-ball. Everyone's been wanting me to come out to Tuesday night v-ball out in the Hills. I finally checked it out with SpongeBob, and wow peeps were right there is some great competition out here. The pressure was on to play because there were a lot of players who I have not played against. So I wanted to prove to them that I am among the elite in that gym. Jessie wanted me to run with her and that brought instant credibility because a lot of peeps associate her with playing with some of the best peeps in the area. It's also fun for me because I get to play for free a lot of times since I know the peeps :) However, I felt bad for SpongeBob because she did not get to play at all because the competition was a lil out of her league.

Flipside to this is wow I am getting the 1 hand set down pretty good. Although I prefer not to use it. With all this playing, I am starting to notice how much slower my ankle is healing. Oh well I guess that's what Christmas break is for. What pressure, just brush it off ;) and lift it all up with some love from above.

Turn It On Baby!

No comments: