Thursday, December 02, 2004

War Wounds - After so many visits to Beaumont, my G-Ma has been finally discharged. However, I still wanted the docs to let her stay at least another extra day because she still seems weak. I went to my grandparents in the evening to see how she was doing. My G-Pa was preparing dinner for the both of them while my G-Ma was in bed. I had another conversation with my G-Ma while she was waiting for dinner. She kept talking to me about my past and how she loved raising me because I was the first. I remember those memories too, life in Memph, F-Hills, the Heights and Troy. So many things she talked about, brought tears in my eyes.

Next thing we talked about was my sis's graduation in a couple of weeks. She is so proud that she is graduating wants her to be successful. My G-Ma is bummed though because she cannot go due to her condition and the amount of energy it requires. Finally, my G-Ma showed me the scar of the area of her surgery. On TV, I would think it would be so cool to see it but seeing it in person is a different story. I couldn't stand to see the sight of the stitches and how big they cut her open. We have a lot of scars together, some that I wish I could of changed to prevent it.

I asked her one last thing before I left. The question was did so and so come and visit you in the hospital? She said no, and my G-Ma could sense my frustration about that. She even decided to defend the son of a gun by saying it's ok, I know he is shy about this. I am thinking you gotta be crazy to even say that, now I can understand Victor, Sonny, and Andrew not being able to see you because of their age. But come on, my sis made 1 visit, and my baby cuz even made 1. As Electra would say, such grrrness because of my grandparents love for him that holds me back from knocking out his selfish carcass. That's why those in Canton, keep defending him because he is family to me. I keep telling them that they're crazy just cuz we blood don't make us family. I tell you one thing though, next time I see him which I hope is soon, he better have a good reason for not being there. Otherwise all bets are off on this trader.........

Me

No comments: