Monday, June 20, 2005

The Defenders - Servin on the retreat promo alone this year, I really learned a lot about needs. We all have needs, but we all have differing needs. I have needs, like a healthy knee for starters. Lately, I've been gettin maybe not frustrated, but down because it seems like whatever I do, I can't satisfy everyone. Again, I ain't seekin for praise for myself or anything, but I just get so many complaints about this or that. Back then, I used to think I could do the same promo for both Chinese and English, then that would be that. However, each congregation has differing needs which is why I pimped the powerpoint more towards the Chinese touch. I spent hours workin on that thing, and I really thank Him for giving me the wisdom in puttin it together. The song, I chose which is one of my fav's has looks like has been decided as the Retreat Theme song for this year. I think everyone is also in agreement with what I picked out for the Retreat gift too. We've already surpassed 100 plus on registration! So lots of praises for Him, yet I still couldn't satisfy everyone because everyone has their gripe. Where's the English congregation at in terms of registerin? How many English we got signed up so far, I can just count on my hands and this is over a 100 total! Then of course, I get chewed out for not satisfyin another person.

Needs, we all got them ya know? I think gettin away from it all at the BBQ today helped me out. Well, I did the unthinkable and played tennis. Man, I can walk but can't run and now I'm sore. I spent some good fellowship time with Electra, Cobain, and MooCows during the BBQ. I really appreciated Moocows offer of comin with me to the doc's. She still remembers the everyday visits I made during her surgery :) But her needs is to rest after VBS, after a long weekend. They reminded me again that I need to put my needs aside and make sure others come first. So I'm going to the doc's alone, and I wouldn't want it any other way now.

Speakin of needs, the Pistons now need to win twice in San Antonio. I ran into Bill Laimbeer at the parkin lot today. I also got a pic of Parker's girl, Eva kind of funny how no one knew who she was in the limo until I opened my mouth. I don't even watch Desperate Housewives either!

Lonestar

No comments: