Monday, June 27, 2005

Operation V-ball - So it's like after 5:00 a.m. and I'm still up cleanin and I have yet to pack. Only a few more hours til I hit the motherland. Dave and Lindsay's wedding was beautiful the whole day, although I was running around during the ceremony. I was scanning the reception room to see everyone, and it's wierd how a lot of peeps started off in Mich. but now are elsewhere. I guess it's one of those life changes ya know where now peeps start comin in and out of your life. Kind of sad, to seeing some of my buds leave but I'm happy for them because He has put them in a place where He wants them to serve. It's wierd thinkin that Linz will be in Lansing and hopefully be blessed with an awesome teaching job. I still remember the first day that I talked to Linz and it was at her dad's restaurant. Then God continued to bless our close friendship when we were teammates in some v-ball leagues. All those drives together to the games, and eating afterwards was just awesome fellowship. God used the both of us to really serve D-Ship at the time, where we were more of the counselors. Lastly, can't forget all those trips to Chicago for the CCUC tournaments. I miss those dynasty days of our team centered around her, Juice, and me. I still remember the time in Chicago where she spilled Bubble Tea in my car because I was racing some jerk. Now, He has blessed her in abundance and it was cool to be a witness to that tonight.

It's hard seein another friend movin or married now. It's like Queen's song "Another One Bites The Dust" where you move and get a job or marry and then move. As I always believe, the truth hurts and everyone is going through changes. Some truths came out today and yeah I felt the stunner, but I'll overcome it. An example is that today was my last day seeing Jo for the year. As The Jet would say, "Let the truth be told." So I'm thankful that I'll be over in the motherland to refocus and recharge. Hopefully I connect with Abby and Amanda over there in case I get homesick. Hmmm almost time to actually pack, so I guess I'll disappear.

Cuba

No comments: