Monday, February 27, 2006

Avis Park - Well someone already beat me to memory lane bout last night. Last night, was just a joyous occasion to celebrate the 1 month birth of Alex and Ying's bundle of joy. Driving back home, it got me thinking bout how things started back at Huffin N Puffin Park down on V-Roy. It was actually 10 years ago when I first started ballin there. I still remember the first day that I went there to scout the competition and I was talkin to Single Wong, now known as Papa Wong bout how often they play there. This joint was probably the first place that I seen so many Asians in an area, especially The Heights. Gosh, I met a lot of peeps over there and for some odd reason everyone was related to everyone in some sort of way. Everyday hot summer day after school, I would head up there because ya know there was a game going on. I felt like I had to be one of the most hated up there too. I play with a certain swagger, and confidence which for some odd reason too, that started some altercations. Those were the days though...

However, just like last night things have changed...a lot. I mean those whom I met at Huffin N Puffin Park now are married, have kids, and b-ball is like not up there as a priority. I'm glad a lot of my friends whom I've come gotten to know since then are happy and blessed with the start of a new family. Just like CBC V-ball, though the park these days aren't as full because priorities have shifted. I still go in the summer time to play, to represent but it's not the same as it was 10 years ago. This was like my Rucker Park of NYC, hmm we should have some sort of 10 year reunion b-ball game over there. Well 10 years for me at least.....

In the meantime, just like I told my boy Jimmy, CGC ain't got nothin on me ;) I'm glad that Luda, Michael Irvin, Ira Newble as I like to come them are back too. With the cross church trash talkin, and the brotha's returnin it's time to get out of cruise control and play with that swagger again.

You're Crazy

No comments: