Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Maguire - Well, I finally heard it for the first time of 2K6 at WB V-ball. To paraphrase, it was pretty much if ya don't know how to run a 6-2, or 5-1 get your booty downstairs for lower level of play. At the same time that is a trick question because I can suck at v-ball and still know how to run the offense. I'm strugglin with the notion that is it right to ask people to go down and play when they pay the same $6 as I did? It's like if I bought X-Men Legends the same day as another person did who plays PS2 more than I do. So he is better than me, and we purchase the same product. Eh just so difficult to think what is right?

On the flipside, I hate it when others who are good players put down those who aren't as skilled in front of everyone. WB V-ball as I continue to explain to peeps that it is political and some peeps are just so prideful to recognize it. This is a "show me" place to play and if ya make a bad 1st impression then it just snowballs downhill. My main setter, usually sets me but the first couple of games he gives everyone a fair chance to hit. He wants to see who can hit and if ya can't then he won't set you as much. I'm just worried people think I am a ballhog if I am always hittin. At the same time, this is a "show me what you can do" area and it is what it is.

Unfortunately, a friend who came out tonight felt she played bad so she is considering not comin back. I know she's got skillz otherwise I wouldn't of told her to come out. I tried to cheer her up, but it's hard when she gets crap passes when I'm in the front. Then I'm in the back row, and I try to take all the passes but no one can put it down. I don't think there was one spot I didn't hit from the floor tonight. As Mel said "K, you weren't only hittin 10's but you were hittin 20's" meaning how far back I had to hit just to sideout. I see it as my fault in the end that she doesn't feel like makin a return because I could of done more to help her.

At least I got to tattoo another victim on the chest to get my frustrations out.

Ghost

No comments: