Monday, March 08, 2004

Are the Pistons just rolling or what? I mean yeah you can make the case that they played some mediocore teams, but they are blowing teams out! I've been doing a lot of thinking about this past Saturday's b-ball. One of my goals at the beginning of this year was to try to be more optimistic which would be as I see it, more faithful and trusting in Him. I gotta admit that the team I was on, it looked bad and I felt as if I was on the Hawks. I mean this team was filled with egomaniacs and with so much I tried to do my best by taking the back seat. However, with one swift trade to acquire ABCboy, that really turned this team around. I mean some peeps talk to me about how they wanted to keep playing our team because we were playing really good. I was excited because the team's offense was centered on me. It was good to challenge myself back to see how well my knee would hold up. However, as I was talking to some of the peep's, I mean I got all my points because I had teammates who compliment my game, accepts, and knows their role.


I mean I had Levi, who would spot up in the corner and I can just drive and kick out to him for the open 3. I had Arthur who is a slasher and I can find him when I am posting up. I have ABCboy who has the ability to post up so I can live off his double teams and get open J's. Finally their is Richard, who is in my opinion one of the best defenders at CBC. I was able to display the one thing that I do not ever want to become in b-ball, one-dimensional. I was able to hit the J's, attack the rim, and post up. However, I was also able to extend that and guard every team's top players. My goal in b-ball is to play both ends 100% and shut down my opposing player.

Although I was disappointed with myself at the end. I started to fatigue a little due to lack of lifting weights as much as I wanted to. I felt like Cougie Boozer took some wind out of me, but that's why it's good to have ABCboy to switch with me on D. Errr gotta hit the weights more!

Whispers in Blindness

No comments: