Sunday, March 07, 2004

Today's topic is cell phones, which I have a big prob with. I'm the type of person who does my best to pick up my cellie when it is ringing. I'll pick it up during class, student teaching, ACA, CBC, I mean it just doesn't matter to me. I learn my lesson a few years ago when I had a pager and a cellie. I'll never forget that day, where I decided to not answer either of them during worship. As I was sitting in Sunday School, my pager and cellie kept going off constantly. I continued to ignore it, and then I looked at it to see it was Snoozer who kept doing this. JC kept telling me to ignore it because it probably wasn't important. So I did, but it kept going off so something had to be up right? So JC and I made a bet, that if it was important then he would buy me lunch and if it wasn't then vice versa. So I called Snoozer after our handshake. It turned out that she had a flat tire and needed my assistance the whole time! Of course I won a free lunch from JC, but the moral of this to me was that I can't assume that the other person has nothing important to say.

I still get calls at like the whee hours of the morning, which I don't mind. I mean I can turn the other cheek and ignore it, so that I can continue to get my sleep. However, I always choose to answer it because most of the time it is just someone who needs someone to listen and talk to. I mean if I chose to ignore the call, then I'm just selfish for wanting more sleep for myself.

Tonight, same thing my sis kept calling my cellie and my mom's phone. My mommy was worried sick about my sis because my mommy kept trying to call her back. But my sis did not pick up the phone. So I called on my phone, luckily my phone tells me if the other person is using the other line. So I knew it was nothing important when I knew she chose to ignore my mom's phone calls back to her because she was on the other line the whole time talking to someone else. I finally got a hold of my sis to see what she wanted, and of course it was important well to her that is. My sis forgot to grab her cash at the restaurant. I told my mom and she was so relieved because she thought my sis was in an accident. I explained to my sis about the importance of cellie's and putting people on hold type of ordeal. She didn't care nor understand, which goes back to our self-centered attitudes which just dooms us all.

Waiting For Magic

No comments: