Friday, October 15, 2004

I don't like it when I lose patience with people. I hate it even more when I let it show. It sucks even more when it feels like it has stabbed you right in heart. Sigh, sinners aren't we all?

For the longest time, I kept wondering what it would be like to have at least 1 CBC kid in where I was student teaching at. Well yesterday @ Iroquois it finally happened, well ex-CBC but close enough. As I was outside during 6-7 th hour patrolling the hallways, a familiar looking kid kept staring at me, and I did the same. It was Brandon Wong, boy has he grown now so now I got one kid calling me by my first name at Iroquois. It feels wierd too.

Today, I got the email that everyone else in the ED program has been waiting for. It's the email telling you which school you have to go to for your yearlong interview of student teaching. Meaning it's the end of the road of our college career. Just the other day I was chilling in the ERL with Mandi, Randy, Jen, Erica, and Suga Mama. They were all excited to be leaving OU finally and this semester would be their last together. The email says that if my interview goes well then I'll be student teaching at Magahay Elementary School working with the 6th grade class. I was kind of bummed because yes this is what we're all looking for, but yet I wasn't too happy.

I'm bummed because for the most part I won't see all my peeps at OU anymore.
I'm bummed because I love school and the goofing around that comes with it.
I'm bummed because I got 6th grade because I put down 4th grade as my first choice. I like doing 4th grade because then I can see the fruits of what I've been doing for 2 years. Teachin 6th grade, I won't get to see them because they'll be outtie.
The positive to possibly being there is that it is really close to my house and it's still in the Utica district. As a matter of fact, I believe it will only take me 20 minutes to get there.

Concetta and I were talking bout it today in class before I knew I was going to be here. She knows how much I love teaching @ Iroquois with my special ed because I want to get at least one student out of there and back into general ed. Since we're both Twppers, and live bout 5 minutes away from each other, we were hoping on another thing. We think it would be cool if we both got to student teach in the same building. So I wonder where she, Monica, Sarah, Josh, Kari, Erin, Nicole, M-Beth, and Julie are going?

Hmmm kind of a bummy day with my patience with certain peeps and the reality now of leaving OU.

Operation-Monopoly

No comments: