Thursday, October 28, 2004

Reputation -What can I say, I love most of my Special Ed kids. Today I was chit chatting with my Vanilla Twin Girls, Cidney and Nicole. They kept telling me that they do not want to be in Special Ed by the time they hit high school. The reason being it was due to embarrassment of being in Special Ed. I kept telling myself that it is my goal to get them out. However, they still have some glitches with how to do the fundamentals in the subject areas.

But then in a way I know how they feel, in terms of ashamed of being in a Special Ed class. So I asked them how do their friends feel about them being in Special Ed. They told them that they just lie to them about where they are at. I started cracking up and here is how the convo went:

K: So what do you tell your friends when you go to Math?
C: Oh, we tell them that we are going to Advance Math?
K: Don't they ever look at your homework, and see that you are still doing simple Math?
N: No, we just try to change the subject.
K: So what do you say when they ask you who is your Advance Math teacher?
C: Oh, we say that we do not how to pronounce their name because it is very long.
N: Then they will say a name.....
C: Then we go oh yeah that's it.
K: (laughing) So what do you tell them when you go to Support (Study Hall) class?
C: Oh we tell them that we are going to Tech Ed?
K: What the heck is Tech Ed?
N: Eh, we tell them that we build cars and stuff.
K: (Scratching my head) And they believe you?
C: Of course!
K: So why are you ashamed of letting your friends know that you are in Special Ed?
C: Cuz I have a reputation, (with a shoulder shake)
K: What rep is that?
C: Cuz I'm popular!
K: Understandable

Gotta love'em, because they crack me up. Oh well, time to continue on this all niter studying for dumb Bio.

20-Head

No comments: