Monday, October 04, 2004

Suffering in Christ, man it's just hard to go through suffering alone now in Christ. Whoooo what a concept. So it's finally kicked off, the week where all leagues start and already it kind of sucks. I know that I will need to sleep a little longer in order for my body to feel the way it is right now. Today, was the kickoff for the OU season for football. My mindset, forget everything that we accomplished last year because this is a new year. After 1 game now, I've developed the reputation once again because of all the chatter on the field. I just play the game and people recognize it for them to make comments as these:

"Man, we can just start calling you Champ (as in Champ Bailey)"
" Watch # 1, he's their go-to guy"
" Nice interception, # 1"
" # 1 is their Terrell Owens, somebody cover him"

It just sucks that we lost by a touchdown. We got beat by a better team today, I can say that for sure. Although, we had 2 shady calls. The first was my interception and where the ball was spotted. I picked it off in the endzone right at the goalline, but the ref said I was down at our 1. Then I had a touchdown reversed, as the line ref said I was out of bounds. Although other peeps said that as I dove, both of my feet dragged at the back of the endzone. We need a # 2 reciever behind me because now the rest of the league has taken notice. In addition, same thing as last year, we need another good cornerback on the otherside of me. Our CB and S got burned on the same play twice. Without Ray, our team isn't as strong defensively because he was our Freak. He was the only other respectable defensive player that peeps took notice of last year. Unless something happens, as Peter said today I just gotta lock down on every team's top reciever now instead of just defending half the field. Man, gotta find the joy through this suffering.

# 1, the new jersey number of the season since they don't have # 13 :(

No comments: