Tuesday, October 26, 2004

It's funny when poor officiating really do cost you a game though. The same ref again screwed us, the same ref who denied my game winning TD in the first week. Last possesion, we got called for 3 flag guarding and of course 2 of dem were on me. First one I can understand, because I caught the ball at my hip level, so some could think it. However, the 2nd one frustrates me as I was running with the ball, the CB grabbed my arm and held on to it to slow me down so he could grab my arm. I used my strength to pull my arm back, and then the pretty yellow flag comes out and the crowd boos for the poor call.

The Ref's mistakes on the eventually game winning drive:
1) Stood on the field, as Phil was running to pick a rainbow pass off. But Phil stopped because the ref did not move.
2) I-Unit's offensive pass interfernce from their WR which leads too....
3) The game winning TD, but the WR had both feet out of bounds, The Ref still said it was good.
4) The crowd throws more boos!

Gary, the head person of OU IM Rec this year knows that The Ref sucks. The rule at OU IM Staff is that no one can talk down on another member. However, even Gary said in a nice way to me " that he is not the best ref there." Everybody complains about The Ref! So as V-ball and B-ball seasons start for OU, a new proposition was made today. Valene wants Gary to hire me to be a part of OU IM Staff since she will be heading v-ball this year. V, Kristen, and Joe want me to train some of the other officials, and get paid for being the head official. So we'll see if Gary wants to hire me, although I told him I'd do it for free. I just hate seeing OU IM games go down because of dumb and poor officiating. What's even funnier is that Gary even cut down The Ref's work schedule.

My Goodies

No comments: